Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Shalom,


Psalm 81:13-16:


13 Oh, that My people would listen to Me, that Israel would walk in My ways! 14 Speedily then I would subdue their enemies and turn My hand against their adversaries. 15 [Had Israel listened to Me in Egypt, then] those who hated the LORD would have come cringing before Him, and their defeat would have lasted forever. 16 [God] would feed [Israel now] also with the finest of the wheat; and with honey out of the rock would I satisfy you.


Much of what Israel has gone through over the years is a result of the rebellion of the people against God's Word and His Ways. Over and over we have read in the Old Testament of the warnings given by the prophets that went unheeded by the people. They CHOSE disobedience, even knowing the consequences of those actions! They gave their hearts and lives over to idol worship instead of worship of the One, True, Most High, Living, Almighty God of the Bible. The idols never did anything for them and the One, True God ALWAYS did, when they turned back to Him! Why did they keep falling into the same sin? Because their minds were blinded by the god of this world (2 Corinthians 4:4). If the people of Israel had listened and obeyed from the beginning, they would never have been persecuted all of these years (verse 15 above)! Make the choice to not allow YOUR mind to be blinded to the Word of God! Make fellowship with HIM your #1 priority in every day! Then YOU will NOT be blinded! You will be able to see and hear clearly and walk in the fullness of God's BLESSING! That's what I choose! How about you?


We read again about the birth of Jesus of Nazareth in Luke 2 today. I thought this was interesting from the Bible Exposition Commentary: New Testament:

When Mary said "Be it unto me according to Thy word" (Luke 1:38), it meant that from then on, her life would be a part of the fulfillment of divine prophecy. God had promised that the Saviour would be a human, not an angel (Gen 3:15; Heb 2:16), and a Jew, not a Gentile (Gen 12:1-3; Num 24:17). He would be from the tribe of Judah (Gen 49:10), and the family of David (2 Sam 7:1-17), born of a virgin (Isa 7:14) in Bethlehem, the city of David (Mic 5:2).

All of the prophecies in the Word of God concerning the Jewish Messiah find fulfillment in Jesus of Nazareth! Including this one, from the Bible Exposition Commentary:

Bethlehem means "house of bread",  the ideal birthplace for the Bread of Life (John 6:35).

I love the way that everything just fits right together as you gain understanding of the Word of God! He IS a God of order, and He has ordered EVERYTHING concerning our Salvation just as He desired! I hope YOU have taken advantage of the God's free gift of Eternal Life through Jesus of Nazareth! Here is Lamb singing "You Are Our Salvation":


Hosea 2:19-23 is one of God's many promises to the nation of Israel:

19 And I will betroth you to Me forever; yes, I will betroth you to Me in righteousness and justice, in steadfast love, and in mercy. 20 I will eve betroth you to Me in stability and in faithfulness, and you shall know (recognize, be acquainted with , appreciate, give heed to, and cherish) the LORD. 21 And in that day I will respond, says the LORD; I will respond to the heavens [which ask for rain to pour on the earth], and they shall respond to the earth [which begs foe the rain it needs], 22 And the earth shall respond to the grain and the wine and the oil [which beseech it to bring them forth], and these shall respond to Jezreel [restored Israel, who prays for a supply of them]. 23 And I will sow her for Myself anew in the land, and I will have love, pity, and mercy; and I will say to those who were not My people, You are My people, and they shall say, You are my God!

God has NOT EVER given up on Israel! Everything that He has done concerning this nation has been to get them into position to receive His richest and best! He used them to bring Salvation Himself to us! Hallelujah! Continue to pray for the peace and prosperity of the nation of Israel (the people and the land) and the city of Jerusalem (its eternal capital)! 

Shalom in Him!