Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Shalom,


Psalm 89:1:


1 I WILL sing of the mercy and loving-kindness of the LORD forever; with my mouth will I make known Your faithfulness from generation to generation.


And here are the Maranatha Kids singing this well-known song!




Psalm 89:13-14:


13 You have a mighty arm; strong is Your hand, Your right hand is soaring high. 14 Righteousness and justice are the foundation of Your throne; mercy and loving-kindness and truth go before Your face.


THAT is our God! Rejoice in Him in the face of everything that is going on around you!


I love how Luke 1:4 so accurately describes why we NEED to get the Word of God inside of us!


4 [My purpose is] that you may know the full truth and understand with certainty and security against error the accounts (histories) and doctrines of the faith of which you have been informed and in which you have been orally instructed.


Luke's purpose in writing this Gospel is to get an accurate account of the Truth on record. GOD'S purpose for using Luke to record this Gospel is the same! He wants us to have access to the real TRUTH in the midst of all the false teaching in the world! And the amount of false teaching is growing on a daily basis! All you have to do is type in something that you know is untrue in a search and see how very many sites are dedicated to the lies! Stick with the Word of God on EVERY occasion and you CANNOT fail! AMEN!


Numbers 22:28-29 is hilarious to me!


28 And the LORD opened the mouth of the donkey, and she said to Balaam, What have I done to you that you should strike me these three times? 29 And Balaam SAID TO THE DONKEY, Because you have ridiculed me and provoked me! I wish there were a sword in my hand, for now I would kill you!


Not only did it not sink in that his donkey just spoke, but Balaam actually carried on a conversation with the donkey! Amazing! Here is a drawing depicting Balaam and his donkey. 




Tune in tomorrow for more of this story!


Shalom in Him!