Saturday, March 12, 2011

Shalom,


Psalm 71:7-8:


7 I am as a wonder and surprise to many, but You are my strong refuge. 8 My mouth shall be filled with Your praise and with your honor all the day.


People really do wonder about us! We stand on the Word. We don't get caught up in worry and fear. We have God's protection. We operate with a strong and sound  mind. We have favor wherever we go. They just can't figure it all out! By our mouths continually speaking His praise, they will soon know! Verses 14-15:


14 But I will hope continually, and I will praise You yet more and more. 15 My mouth shall tell of Your righteous acts and of your deeds of salvation all the day, for their number is more than I know!


The word "salvation" here is the Hebrew word "teshuw`ah", which means: rescue, deliverance, help, safety, preservation, victory. Verse 15 above says that God's deeds of salvation are more than we know! When we get to Heaven I believe that we will be able to look back on our lives and realize how very many times we were protected and rescued and we didn't even know there was a problem! And He has done this for ALL of His children! Hallelujah! Then verses 22-24:


22 I will also praise You with the harp, even Your truth and faithfulness, O my God; unto You will I sing praises with the lyre, O holy One of Israel. 23 My lips shall shout for joy when I sing praises to You, and my inner being, which You have redeemed. 24 My tongue also shall talk of Your righteousness all the day long; for they are put to shame, for they are confounded, who seek and demand my hurt.


Let's make sure we are DOERS of THAT Word!  Here is a sample of praise music on the harp!






Mark 15:22 says:


22 And they led Him to Golgotha [in Latin: Calvary], meaning The Place of a Skull.


Here is a picture from our Israel trip of where they THINK this might have taken place.




If you can have a favorite verse in this chapter, mine would be verse 39:


39 And when the centurion who stood facing Him saw Him expire this way, he said, Really, this Man was God's Son!


Do YOU think that centurion got saved? I do! Thank You, Jesus!


Reading Leviticus 12-13 renews in me that I am SO very thankful for 1 Peter 2:24, Isaiah 53:4-5, Psalm 107:20! By HIS stripes I WAS healed! AT THAT TIME! He healed ME 2000 years ago and I AM healed today! AMEN!


Shalom in Him!