Thursday, July 29, 2010

Shalom,

In Psalm 28 we see that David is again calling out to the Lord in a time of distress. We see this in verses 1-3:

1UNTO YOU do I cry, O Lord my Rock, be not deaf and silent to me, lest, if You be silent to me, I become like those going down to the pit [the grave]. 2Hear the voice of my supplication as I cry to You for help, as I lift up my hands toward Your innermost sanctuary (the Holy of Holies). 3Drag me not away with the wicked, with the workers of iniquity, who speak peace with their neighbors, but malice and mischief are in their hearts.

Lesson #1: When in the middle of tests, trials and tribulations, call out to the Lord! Once you've opened up to the Lord, then pray in the Spirit to receive those mysteries and secrets directly from the mind of God! (1 Corinthians 14:2)

Then we see in verses 6-7 how faith reacts after the prayer is prayed and BEFORE the answer is seen!

6Blessed be the Lord, because He has heard the voice of my supplications. 7The Lord is my Strength and my [impenetrable] Shield; my heart trusts in, relies on, and confidently leans on Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song will I praise Him.

Lesson #2: Count it as DONE if you have prayed according to the Word of God! Rejoice and EXPECT to see the manifestation of the answer that brings glory to God! AMEN! I recently saw these lyrics to a song about the finished work of Jesus on the cross:

‎"It is finished, it is done - You have risen, I have won"

That is the attitude that believers MUST have in order to walk in the fullness of all that has been provided for us through all that Jesus did!

I love the faith of the women in Matthew 28! They went early, at the very first opportunity they had, to check on the tomb. It seems to read in Matthew that they actually were there when the earthquake took place! The angel spoke to them and not the soldiers there. Verses 5-7:

5But the angel said to the women, Do not be alarmed and frightened, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, Who was crucified. 6He is not here; He has risen, as He said [He would do]. Come, see the place where He lay. 7Then go quickly and tell His disciples, He has risen from the dead, and behold, He is going before you to Galilee; there you will see Him. Behold, I have told you.

They were given instructions by the angel and left immediately to obey! Verse 8:

8So they left the tomb hastily with fear and great joy and ran to tell the disciples.

The word fear here means a reverent awe and respect! They were in awe of all that had happened. Then they received another blessing that I believe happened because of their instant obedience. Verses 9-10:

9And as they went, behold, Jesus met them and said, Hail (greetings)! And they went up to Him and clasped His feet and worshiped Him. 10Then Jesus said to them, Do not be alarmed and afraid; go and tell My brethren to go into Galilee, and there they will see Me.

They did and were the first to preach the Gospel! I love it! Obedience brings blessings! AMEN!

We then see this statement by Jesus and the command to GO in verses 18-20:

18Jesus approached and, breaking the silence, said to them, All authority (all power of rule) in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. 19Go then and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20Teaching them to observe everything that I have commanded you, and behold, I am with you all the days (perpetually, uniformly, and on every occasion), to the [very] close and consummation of the age. Amen (so let it be).

The word "therefore" means "as a consequence of" or "these things being so". In other words, "because this is TRUE, then YOU go, in the authority you have IN ME...". How are YOU fulfilling that command? And don't forget the promise that He is ALWAYS in YOU!

In reading 2 Kings:7-8 today one thing stood out to me more than at any other time! We see Elisha revealing things that were going to happen, as only a prophet could do in those days! That is what is needed today! NOT a prophet hearing for us, but for US to listen to the Spirit of God Who lives inside of every born again believer! One of the roles of the Holy Spirit is to "show you things to come" (John 16:13). We are not promised in the Word of God that we can change everything that is happening on earth through prayer. We ARE promised certain things such as protection, provision and safety, no matter WHAT is happening on the earth! God will supernaturally supply our every need according to His riches when you and I are doing things HIS way and making HIS priority, OUR priority! Don't let fear of what's happening in the world today hold you back from doing what God has told you to do! He will ALWAYS come through for you! AMEN!

Shalom in Him!