Sunday, July 4, 2010

Shalom,

Every time I read Psalm 3 I remember Kenneth Copeland singing this song on his "WORD" album! I tried to find it online to post a link to, but couldn't find it anywhere. With his anointed voice, this song is VERY powerful! If you get a chance to listen to it you will understand what I'm saying! In these days of constant turmoil, catastrophe and terror, verse 3 is especially encouraging and uplifting!

3But You, O Lord, are a shield for me, my glory, and the lifter of my head.

And then verse 6 is our anthem!

6I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people who have set themselves against me round about.

I know NO fear - in Him! AMEN!

In Matthew 3:2 John the Baptist is telling the people to "repent".

2And saying, Repent (think differently; change your mind, regretting your sins and changing your conduct), for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

That word has been one of the most misunderstood words! The Amplified Bible has it right here! It is the Greek word, "metanoeoo" and means: to change one's mind! We like to say: "Change your thinking to agree with God (agree with His Word)". When we do that, we are on the right track and moving in the right direction! God is very pleased with that!

In 1 Kings 9-10 we see that Solomon has built the Temple and his own home. His wisdom is renown and even the Queen of Sheba gives God the glory. 1 Kings 10:9:

9Blessed be the Lord your God, Who delighted in you and set you on the throne of Israel! Because the Lord loved Israel forever, He made you king to execute justice and righteousness.

I believe that Solomon's problems began after the Temple was built. Remember the verse that says "Where there is no vision, the people perish"? That is one of the Proverbs of Solomon (Proverbs 29:18)! The word "perish" is the Hebrew word "para`". One of the meanings of this word is to let loose, loosen restraints or show lack of restraint. I guess someone with 700 wives and 300 concubines could be said to have loosened the restraints, don't you think? I believe that it happened because Solomon had accomplished his long-standing vision of building a House for the Lord and he had no new vision to work towards. He just continued to add to his wealth and build himself one more luxury after another. What great good he could have done for his people if he would have asked the Lord for a new vision! But then we wouldn't have Ecclesiastes to read, would we! Solomon, what WERE you thinking?

Shalom in Him!