Thursday, July 8, 2010

Shalom,

MY favorite verse in Psalm 7 is verse 17! No matter what you may be going through right at this moment, it is ALWAYS a great idea to praise the Lord! Sing it, shout it, share it, whisper it, but make sure that you always DO it! Praise and worship should be as natural to us as breathing, and it will be, when we really KNOW Him!

17I will give to the Lord the thanks due to His rightness and justice, and I will sing praise to the name of the Lord Most High.

Matthew 7:1-2:

1DO NOT judge and criticize and condemn others, so that you may not be judged and criticized and condemned yourselves. 2For just as you judge and criticize and condemn others, you will be judged and criticized and condemned, and in accordance with the measure you [use to] deal out to others, it will be dealt out again to you.

I love the Message Bible here:

"Don't pick on people, jump on their failures, criticize their faults— unless, of course, you want the same treatment. That critical spirit has a way of boomeranging. It's easy to see a smudge on your neighbor's face and be oblivious to the ugly sneer on your own."

Now that's pretty clear! Don't judge and condemn! Jesus said that even HE didn't come for that purpose! John 3:17:

17For God did not send the Son into the world in order to judge (to reject, to condemn, to pass sentence on) the world, but that the world might find salvation and be made safe and sound through Him.

In Ecclesiastes 1-2 we see the results of Solomon's ignoring of the wisdom God gave to Him! The man who had been given more wisdom than any other person other than Jesus is realizing the price he had paid for all of the distraction of his life! You can learn a lot from Ecclesiastes when you know that background! You realize what life without God and His Word would be like! At least Solomon realized by the latter days of his life and repented! Ecclesiastes 2:9-10 reveal what happened to Solomon:

9So I became great and increased more than all who were before me in Jerusalem. Also my wisdom remained with me and stood by me. 10And whatever my eyes desired I kept not from them; I withheld not my heart from any pleasure, for my heart rejoiced in all my labor, and this was my portion and reward for all my toil.

Verse 26 is my favorite here!

26For to the person who pleases Him God gives wisdom and knowledge and joy; but to the sinner He gives the work of gathering and heaping up, that he may give to one who pleases God. This also is vanity and a striving after the wind and a feeding on it.

I like that! Just be about pleasing the Lord and he will cause your enemies to be the ones to bless you! AMEN!

Shalom in Him!