Thursday, July 22, 2010

Shalom,

I love finding something new and interesting every time I study the Word of God! Even if it's just a very little thing, it can sometimes change the whole meaning of the Scripture and how it affects my life! Psalm 21:3 says:

3For You send blessings of good things to meet him; You set a crown of pure gold on his head.

Now that sounds very good and it is true! But when I checked it out in the KJV I saw this:

3For thou preventest him with the blessings of goodness: thou settest a crown of pure gold on his head.

When I checked out the phrase "thou preventest him with" I found that this is the Hebrew word "qadam", which means: to project oneself! The dictionary definition of project includes: to thrust out or forwards, to throw out, to send out, to convey an impression to an audience, to transfer from one domain into another! So the Lord sends out, from HIS domain in Heaven into our lives here on Earth, the blessings that are needed! I like that! Much more powerful than just reading the verse, don't you think? I LOVE meditating the Word of God and allowing the Holy Spirit to show me new shades of meaning so that I can continue to grown in the knowledge of HIM!

Continuing in word study for Matthew 21 I found something else fun to know! In verse 10 we see this:

10And when He entered Jerusalem, all the city became agitated and [trembling with excitement] said, Who is This?

The KJV says "all the city was moved". "Was moved" is the Greek word, "seio", which means: to move, quake, shake, agitate, to throw into a tremor, and my favorite - to ROCK! Jesus entering Jerusalem ROCKED THEIR WORLD! He will yours, too, IF you will let Him!

In 1 Kings 17-18 we see again the story of Elijah with the prophets of Baal and with Ahab when it began to rain. When we stood atop Mount Carmel on our recent tour of Israel, our guide showed us exactly where the prophets were defeated and told us some interesting details that we hadn't heard before. Then he showed us the route that Elijah took when outran Ahab and his chariot! There is nothing that compare with standing in the land of the Bible and reliving these TRUE stories! It is life-changing and I can't recommend strongly enough for every believer to make the trip! You will never be the same! Hallelujah!

Shalom in Him!