Friday, April 30, 2010

Shalom,

Now I challenge you to find the Word in the last 88 verses of Psalm 119! My favorite verses here are:

89Forever, O Lord, Your word is settled in heaven [stands firm as the heavens].

93I will never forget Your precepts, [how can I?] for it is by them You have quickened me (granted me life).

124Deal with Your servant according to Your mercy and loving-kindness, and teach me Your statutes.

129Your testimonies are wonderful [far exceeding anything conceived by man]; therefore my [penitent] self keeps them [hearing, receiving, loving, and obeying them].

130The entrance and unfolding of Your words give light; their unfolding gives understanding (discernment and comprehension) to the simple.

148My eyes anticipate the night watches and I am awake before the cry of the watchman, that I may meditate on Your word.

160The sum of Your word is truth [the total of the full meaning of all Your individual precepts]; and every one of Your righteous decrees endures forever.

162I rejoice at Your word as one who finds great spoil.

I LOVE verse 160! The Word of God doesn't INCLUDE Truth, it IS TRUTH! John 17:17:

17Sanctify them [purify, consecrate, separate them for Yourself, make them holy] by the Truth; Your Word is Truth.

Love the Word, treasure the Word, hide the Word in your heart, obey the Word and SPEAK the WORD always! The only way to truly succeed!

The entire message of 1 Corinthians 8 is to walk in love where other people are concerned. Do you always have to be right? Do you always have to have YOUR way? Do you always think about how something will affect YOU first? That's NOT love! We ALL fall into selfishness at times. The key is to recognize that Jesus gave it ALL for us! He wants us to have that same attitude where other people are concerned. Don't compromise the Word for it, but make sure everything you do is out of love for those whom HE loves and you'll be operating just like HIM! For the rest, 1 John 1:9 is a must! Thank You, Jesus!

Joshua 11-12 reveals more of the Lord taking care of the enemies of Israel. Remember what we talked about yesterday. Those nations had been involved in some horrific and totally ungodly things. God will give people a chance to turn to Him, but when they choose otherwise, THEY have chosen their fate! Thank You, Father, for protecting your own from ALL the works of the enemy! AMEN!

Shalom in Him!