Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Shalom,

Deuteronomy 26 contains the proper way to present the tithe before the Lord. Verses 1-3:

1WHEN YOU have come into the land which the Lord your God gives you as an inheritance and possess it and live in it,2You shall take some of the first of all the produce of the soil which you harvest from the land the Lord your God gives you and put it in a basket, and go to the place [the sanctuary] which the Lord your God has chosen as the abiding place for His Name [and His Presence].3And you shall go to the priest who is in office in those days, and say to him, I give thanks this day to the Lord your God that I have come to the land which the Lord swore to our fathers to give us.

We take the first 10% of our income and present it, in our own homes, into the hands of OUR High Priest, JESUS! HE takes the tithe that we present to Him and He presents it to the Father in a way that is pleasing to Him! Then verses 5-9:

5And you shall say before the Lord your God, A wandering and lost Aramean ready to perish was my father [Jacob], and he went down into Egypt and sojourned there, few in number, and he became there a nation, great, mighty, and numerous.6And the Egyptians treated us very badly and afflicted us and laid upon us hard bondage.7And when we cried to the Lord, the God of our fathers, the Lord heard our voice and looked on our affliction and our labor and our [cruel] oppression;8And the Lord brought us forth out of Egypt with a mighty hand and with an outstretched arm, and with great (awesome) power and with signs and with wonders;9And He brought us into this place and gave us this land, a land flowing with milk and honey.

WE say: "I was a sinner serving satan, but I called on the Name of the Lord and You saved me! You snatched me OUT of the kingdom of darkness and planted me FOREVER into the Kingdom of Light and Life and Love! The Kingdom of God the Son"! Then we worship Him! Verses 14-15:

14I have not eaten of the tithe in my mourning [making the tithe unclean], nor have I handled any of it when I was unclean, nor given any of it to the dead. I have hearkened to the voice of the Lord my God; I have done according to all that You have commanded me.15Look down from Your holy habitation, from heaven, and bless Your people Israel and the land which You have given us as You swore to our fathers, a land flowing with milk and honey.

WE say: "I have done according to all Your Word, for I have confessed my sin when I've missed it (1 John 1:9), now look down from your holy habitation in Heaven and bless me as you said in Your Word You would do"! That is the actually TITHING your tithe! Making out the check isn't tithing, THIS is tithing! Then take your tithe to a church that is a Scriptural storehouse (a church that teaches the Word of God and spreads the Gospel to all the world by being involved in supporting ministries that do and by local outreaches) and worship Him there with it! At the Spoken Word Church, we have the congregation BRING their tithes and offerings to the front of the church during the Praise and Worship Service, whenever they are ready to do so! Our church has been SO blessed since doing this!

Shalom in Him!