Monday, April 12, 2010

Shalom,

I am presently on my way to Israel for a ten day trip! I will not be posting a teaching about the Bible Plan while I'm away, but I will be sharing my favorite verse from each day's reading for you to think about! I'll be back to it on April 22! Hope you enjoy MY favorite verses and then find your own!

For today, I really wanted to put Psalm 102:6:

6I am like a melancholy pelican or vulture of the wilderness; I am like a [desolate] owl of the waste places.

But, that is NOT my favorite verse because I do not feel that way at all! I have just always thought "melancholy pelican", in the Amplified Bible sounded so "interesting"! I have never found WHY they decided to word it like that, but someday I'll have to check it out!

My REAL favorite verse today is Luke 14:26:

26If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his [own] father and mother [in the sense of indifference to or relative disregard for them in comparison with his attitude toward God] and [likewise] his wife and children and brothers and sisters--[yes] and even his own life also--he cannot be My disciple.

Now you know that the Lord doesn't want you to hate your family. The key phrase here is "in comparison with his attitude toward God"! What it means is that we are to love and treasure our relationship and fellowship with the On, True, Most High, Living, Almighty God of the Bible MORE than anyone or anything else in our lives! The most wonderful thing about loving Him like that is, then we will be able to love our families SO MUCH MORE than we ever thought possible! We're really cheating the important people in our lives if we EVER put them before HIM in our affections! Fall in Love with Jesus all over again! You'll be so glad you did! So will everyone else!

Shalom in Him!