Sunday, February 28, 2021

 Shalom,

Again today our Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan covers exactly what is happening in our world by our enemy and his minions! Psalm 59:1-5, 6-7:

To the Chief Musician; [set to the tune of] “Do Not Destroy.” Of David, a record of memorable thoughts when Saul sent men to watch his house in order to kill him.

Deliver me from my enemies, O my God; defend and protect me from those who rise up against me. Deliver me from and lift me above those who work evil and save me from bloodthirsty men. For, behold, they lie in wait for my life; fierce and mighty men are banding together against me, not for my transgression nor for any sin of mine, O Lord. They run and prepare themselves, though there is no fault in me; rouse Yourself [O Lord] to meet and help me, and see! They return at evening, they howl and snarl like dogs, and go [prowling] about the city. Behold, they belch out [insults] with their mouths; swords [of sarcasm, ridicule, slander, and lies] are in their lips, for who, they think, hears us?

THIS is what we have to deal with, BUT, our GOD has HIs response to it all! Verses 8-10:

8 But You, O Lord, will laugh at them [in scorn]; You will hold all the nations in derision. 9 O my Strength, I will watch and give heed to You and sing praises; for God is my Defense (my Protector and High Tower). 10 My God in His mercy and steadfast love will meet me; God will let me look [triumphantly] on my enemies (those who lie in wait for me).

And then more of our response in verses 16-17:

16 But I will sing of Your mighty strength and power; yes, I will sing aloud of Your mercy and loving-kindness in the morning; for You have been to me a defense (a fortress and a high tower) and a refuge in the day of my distress. 17 Unto You, O my Strength, I will sing praises; for God is my Defense, my Fortress, and High Tower, the God Who shows me mercy and steadfast love.

HALLELUJAH! NEVER underestimate the PERFECT timing of our GOD! HE said in Romans 12;19:

19 Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave the way open for [God’s] wrath; for it is written, Vengeance is Mine, I will repay, says the Lord.

AND HE WILL! In the meantime, WE must be about our Father's business of seeking and saving the lost! BE the LIGHT in your world and allow HIM to draw people to Himself through YOU! Here is Hillsong with "No Reason To Hide":

Shalom in Him!