Saturday, November 9, 2013

Shalom,

Even the the half-brothers of Jesus did not believe in Him during His ministry on earth! Look at John 7:1-5:

AFTER THIS, Jesus went from place to place in Galilee, for He would not travel in Judea because the Jews were seeking to kill Him. Now the Jewish Feast of Tabernacles was drawing near. So His brothers said to Him, Leave here and go into Judea, so that Your disciples [there] may also see the works that You do. [This is no place for You.] For no one does anything in secret when he wishes to be conspicuous and secure publicity. If You [must] do these things [if You must act like this], show Yourself openly and make Yourself known to the world! For [even] His brothers did not believe in or adhere to or trust in or rely on Him either.

Instead of protecting Him, they were challenging Jesus to prove Who He was! We DO know that later they, and their mother, were born again and filled with the Spirit! Jesus answered them in this way, from verses 6-10:


Whereupon Jesus said to them, My time (opportunity) has not come yet; but any time is suitable for you and your opportunity is ready any time [is always here]. The world cannot [be expected to] hate you, but it does hate Me because I denounce it for its wicked works and reveal that its doings are evil. Go to the Feast yourselves. I am not [yet] going up to the Festival, because My time is not ripe. [My term is not yet completed; it is not time for Me to go.] Having said these things to them, He stayed behind in Galilee. 10 But afterward, when His brothers had gone up to the Feast, He went up also, not publicly [not with a caravan], but by Himself quietly and as if He did not wish to be observed. 

WE know from the Word that Jesus never did anything, or said anything, that He had not already heard from the Father! God's timing is ALWAYS perfect timing! Trust Him! It was NOT appointed to Jesus to make His Name known. THAT is OUR responsibility! We are to preach the Good News of Who He is, what He has already done, and that He is coming again, to the ends of the earth and back again! WE are to BE His "publicity"! WE are to tell HIS story! WE are to proclaim what HE has accomplished and invite all to COME! WE are to "Shout His Fame"! Here is Hillsong singing that very thing! So, let's DO IT! AMEN!


Some say You're just a good man
Some say You were kind
Some say You are in the grave
But I say You're alive

Some say You're just a prophet
Some say You were wise
Some say You were just a man
But I say You are God
You are my God

I will shout Your fame to all the earth
I will lift Your name on high
And the world will know Your greatness
You are my God, I will shout Your fame

I know You're the Messiah
You gave Your life for me
And I know You're the only way
Jesus You are God
You are my God

I will shout Your fame to all the earth
I will lift Your name on high
I will show the world Your greatness
You are my God, Jesus

I will shout Your fame to all the earth
I will lift Your name on high
I will show the world Your goodness
As I live a life that shouts Your fame
As I live a life that shouts Your fame

Jesus, I decide to live
Live a life that shouts Your fame

Shout Your fame
Shout Your fame
Shout Your fame
Shout Your fame

Shout Your fame
Shout Your fame
Shout Your fame
Shout Your fame

Shalom in him!