Monday, July 19, 2021

Shalom,

In Psalm 18 from today's Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan we see these powerful words of praise in verses 1-3:

To the Chief Musician. [A Psalm] of David the servant of the Lord, who spoke the words of this song to the Lord on the day when the Lord delivered him from the hand of all his enemies and from the hand of Saul. And he said:

1 I love You fervently and devotedly, O Lord, my Strength. 2 The Lord is my Rock, my Fortress, and my Deliverer; my God, my keen and firm Strength in Whom I will trust and take refuge, my Shield, and the Horn of my salvation, my High Tower. 3 I will call upon the Lord, Who is to be praised; so shall I be saved from my enemies.

David gave continual praise, thanksgiving and worship to the One, True God for all of His delivering power and rescue in David's life! Now let's look at verses 13-35:

13 The Lord also thundered from the heavens, and the Most High uttered His voice, amid hailstones and coals of fire. 14 And He sent out His arrows and scattered them; and He flashed forth lightnings and put them to rout. 15 Then the beds of the sea appeared and the foundations of the world were laid bare at Your rebuke, O Lord, at the blast of the breath of Your nostrils. 16 He reached from on high, He took me; He drew me out of many waters. 17 He delivered me from my strong enemy and from those who hated and abhorred me, for they were too strong for me. 18 They confronted and came upon me in the day of my calamity, but the Lord was my stay and support. 19 He brought me forth also into a large place; He was delivering me because He was pleased with me and delighted in me. 20 The Lord rewarded me according to my righteousness (my conscious integrity and sincerity with Him); according to the cleanness of my hands has He recompensed me. 21 For I have kept the ways of the Lord and have not wickedly departed from my God. 22 For all His ordinances were before me, and I put not away His statutes from me. 23 I was upright before Him and blameless with Him, ever [on guard] to keep myself free from my sin and guilt. 24 Therefore has the Lord recompensed me according to my righteousness (my uprightness and right standing with Him), according to the cleanness of my hands in His sight. 25 With the kind and merciful You will show Yourself kind and merciful, with an upright man You will show Yourself upright, 26 With the pure You will show Yourself pure, and with the perverse You will show Yourself contrary. 27 For You deliver an afflicted and humble people but will bring down those with haughty looks. 28 For You cause my lamp to be lighted and to shine; the Lord my God illumines my darkness. 29 For by You I can run through a troop, and by my God I can leap over a wall. 30 As for God, His way is perfect! The word of the Lord is tested and tried; He is a shield to all those who take refuge and put their trust in Him. 31 For who is God except the Lord? Or who is the Rock save our God, 32 The God who girds me with strength and makes my way perfect? 33 He makes my feet like hinds’ feet [able to stand firmly or make progress on the dangerous heights of testing and trouble]; He sets me securely upon my high places. 34 He teaches my hands to war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze. 35 You have also given me the shield of Your salvation, and Your right hand has held me up; Your gentleness and condescension have made me great.

These verses are telling what the GOD of the BIBLE did for one who dared to stand on His Word and EXPECT HIM to move on their behalf! When WE do the same, He will NOT fail to move on our behalf, in HIS perfect timing! Verses 46-50 should further encourage you to EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED, because HE has NEVER given up, NEVER lost and WILL NEVER! Be encouraged to stand strong in great expectation of all that HE is about to do!

46 The Lord lives! Blessed be my Rock; and let the God of my salvation be exalted, 47 The God Who avenges me and subdues peoples under me, 48 Who delivers me from my enemies; yes, You lift me up above those who rise up against me; You deliver me from the man of violence. 49 Therefore will I give thanks and extol You, O Lord, among the nations, and sing praises to Your name. 50 Great deliverances and triumphs gives He to His king; and He shows mercy and steadfast love to His anointed, to David and his offspring forever.

AMEN! HALLELUJAH! Here is Hillsong UNITED with "Here's To The One":


VERSE 1:
Here’s to the One who made the morning bright
Here’s to the One who taught the stars to shine
Here’s to the One who graced the dead of night
Pulled me from the dark set my heart alight

VERSE 2:
Here’s to the One who made my heart to sing
Opened up my eyes washed away my sin
Here’s to the One who gave His life for mine
Broke all my chains and set me free alright

CHORUS:
To the Way To the Truth To the life I live in the light You give
Jesus here’s to Your Name over everything

VERSE 3:
Here’s to all the things that Your love has done
Here’s to the way You wiped away my past
Here’s to the future and the things to come
Here’s to my Saviour’s everlasting love

BRIDGE:
Here’s to Your kindness Here’s to Your goodness
Here’s to Your freedom Here’s to the day I see You Jesus
Here’s to Your glory Here’s to Your greatness
Here’s to Your kingdom Here’s to the Name of Jesus

TAG: Here’s to our Saviour Here’s to the Name of Jesus

Shalom in Him!