Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Shalom,

Psalm 28  from our Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan for today ends with these verses:

6 Blessed be the Lord, because He has heard the voice of my supplications. 7 The Lord is my Strength and my [impenetrable] Shield; my heart trusts in, relies on, and confidently leans on Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song will I praise Him. 8 The Lord is their [unyielding] Strength, and He is the Stronghold of salvation to [me] His anointed. 9 Save Your people and bless Your heritage; nourish and shepherd them and carry them forever.

Notice that the psalmist was praising the Lord for HAVING HEARD his prayer in verses 6-8, then ends with another prayer. An answer to that very prayer can be found in our New Testament reading today in Matthew 28! The angel had proclaimed the resurrection of Jesus and said that Jesus would appear to them. Now look at verses 18-20 to see more!

18 Jesus approached and, breaking the silence, said to them, All authority (all power of rule) in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. 19 Go then and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 Teaching them to observe everything that I have commanded you, and behold, I am with you all the days (perpetually, uniformly, and on every occasion), to the [very] close and consummation of the age. Amen (so let it be).

Notice that He instructed them to baptize the people INTO the Name of the Godhead! This is NOT water baptism! This is becoming one with JESUS through the New Birth! Becoming part of the familyt of God, the Church of JESUS CHRIST and HIS future BRIDE! THEN water baptism is the outward display of all that had happended when they did so, letting the world around them know just who THEY NOW WERE! HIS! HALLELUJAH! If YOU have never received JESUS as Lord and personal Saviour, I invite you to visit our website through the link on the left and find out just how to become HIS! You will NEVER regret it and you will also NEVER be the same again! GLORY! Here is Hillsong with "Who You Say I Am":



Shalom  in Him!