Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Shalom,

I have always loved this passage of Scripture From our Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan for today. Psalm 84:10-12:
10 For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand [anywhere else]; I would rather be a doorkeeper and stand at the threshold in the house of my God than to dwell [at ease] in the tents of wickedness. 11 For the Lord God is a Sun and Shield; the Lord bestows grace and favor and glory (honor, splendor, and heavenly bliss)! No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly. 12 O Lord of hosts, blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) is the man who trusts in You [leaning and believing on You, committing all and confidently looking to You, and that without fear or misgiving]!

AMEN! Now let's look at The Passion Translation of these verses, starting with verse 9!

9 God, your wrap-around presence is our defense. In your kindness look upon the faces of your anointed ones. 10 For just one day of intimacy with you is like a thousand days of joy rolled into one! I’d rather stand at the threshold in front of the Gate Beautiful, ready to go in and worship my God, than to live my life without you in the most beautiful palace of the wicked. 11 For the Lord God is brighter than the brilliance of a sunrise! Wrapping himself around me like a shield, he is so generous with his gifts of grace and glory. Those who walk along his paths with integrity will never lack one thing they need, for he provides it all! 12 O Lord of Heaven’s Armies, what euphoria fills those who forever trust in you!

I LOVE looking at the Word of God from every possible angle so that I be a DOER of the Word, putting it into practice and receiving the reuslts of that! AMEN! Here is Hillsong with an older song called "Blessed":


Shalom in Him!