Thursday, March 12, 2020

Shalom,

I have been using The Passion Translation to augment my Bible study for the last year and today's Psalm 71 from our Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan has some really wonderful sections! It's entitled "The Psalm Of Old Age", which may be why it ministers to me so much! Here are some of my favorite, encouraging verses!

For you are my only hope, Lord!
I’ve hung on to you, trusting in you all my life.
6–7 It was you who supported me from the day I was born,
loving me, helping me through my life’s journey.
You’ve made me into a miracle;
no wonder I trust you and praise you forever!
Many marvel at my success,
but I know it is all because of you, my mighty protector!
8 I’m overflowing with your praise for all you’ve done,
and your splendor thrills me all day long.

No matter what, I’ll trust in you to help me.
Nothing will stop me from praising you to magnify your glory!
15 I couldn’t begin to count the times you’ve been there for me.
With the skill of a poet I’ll never run out of things to say
of how you faithfully kept me from danger.
16 I will come forth in your mighty strength, O my Lord God.
I’ll tell everyone that you alone are the perfect one.
17 From my childhood you’ve been my teacher,
and I’m still telling everyone of your miracle-wonders!

God, now that I’m old and gray, don’t walk away.
Give me grace to demonstrate to the next generation
all your mighty miracles and your excitement,
to show them your magnificent power!
19 For your glorious righteousness reaches up to the high heavens.
No one could ever be compared to you!
Who is your equal, O God of marvels and wonders?

My loving God, the harp in my heart will praise you.
Your faithful heart toward us will be the theme of my song.
Melodies and music will rise to you, the Holy One of Israel.
23 I will shout and sing your praises for all you are to me—
Savior, lover of my soul!
24 I’ll never stop telling others how perfect you are
while all those who seek my harm slink away ashamed and defeated!


I would encourage you to find your own favorite methods of studying the Word of God because feasting on God's Word is the only way to really grow up in the things of God! AMEN! Here is Hillsong with "Your Word":



Shalom in Him!