Thursday, August 9, 2018

Shalom,

We read Hebrews 4 in our Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan for today. Verse 2 says this:

For indeed we have had the glad tidings [Gospel of God] proclaimed to us just as truly as they [the Israelites of old did when the good news of deliverance from bondage came to them]; but the message they heard did not benefit them, because it was not mixed with faith (with the leaning of the entire personality on God in absolute trust and confidence in His power, wisdom, and goodness) by those who heard itneither were they united in faith with the ones [Joshua and Caleb] who heard (did believe).

Notice the underlined portion of this verse! Why does it seem as though some people get their prayers answered and others do not? Because SOME will meditate on the promises of the Word until Holy Spirit, Who live IN every born again believer, causes that Word to come alive in them! Romans 10:17 tells us that faith comes by hearing (and hearing) the Word of God! Meditation is a powerful way to continue to 'hear' the Word until faith rises high! The Israelites referred to above did NOT meditate on the Word until faith came! They refused to believe and therefore they did not have! This is true of believers today, who have a better Covenant, based on even better promises (Hebrews 8:6)! Those who will meditate on those promises until faith rises will see the answers, while those who do not, will not! Someone asked me once if their loved one didn't receive healing because they didn't have faith, and I said that is exactly right! If you don't feed on the Word that promises healing, you will not have faith for healing! If you don't feed on the Word concerning financial prosperity, you will not have faith for financial prosperity! So, if you have a need, find out what the Word of God says about it. Then refuse all contrary talk and simply meditate on those promises until faith rises. Then you will have your desired result. God says so! AMEN! Here is Hillsong with an older song called "Faith":

Verse: I'm reaching for the prize I'm giving everything give my life for this It's what I live for Nothing will keep me from All that You have for me You hold my head up high I live for You Pre-Chorus: Greater is He That's living in me Than he that is in the world Chorus: Faith I can move the mountain I can do all things through Christ I know Faith Standing and believing I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me

Shalom in Him!