Sunday, August 26, 2018

Shalom,

We read Psalm 56 in our Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan for today. Verse 3 was a verse that I heard not long after being born again. It was shared with someone concerning being afraid and I have never forgotten it! 

What time I am afraid, I will have confidence in and put my trust and reliance in You.

Fear, which is an evil spirit (
2 Timothy 1:7), will ALWAYS come knocking at the door of your heart (spirit/soul combination)! The enemy will keep trying to find an entrance into your heart and life. Meditating on the Word of God will give you the answers you need to cause him to leave and go elsewhere! Look at 2 Timothy 1:7 from the Amplified Bible:

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control.

Now, getting back to Psalm 56! Look at verses 9-11 to see what to do when the enemy comes at you!
Then shall my enemies turn back in the day that I cry out; this I know, for God is for me. 10 In God, Whose word I praise, in the Lord, Whose word I praise, 11 In God have I put my trust and confident reliance; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?

Never be afraid of the enemy! JESUS has already rendered him helpless and useless in the lives of born again believers! Verses 12-13 complete the picture for us of God's supernatural protection, provision and safety as we call on HIM in faith!
12 Your vows are upon me, O God; I will render praise to You and give You thank offerings. 13 For You have delivered my life from death, yes, and my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of life and of the living.

AMEN! Keep meditating on the GOODNESS of your GOD and faith will rise! Here is Hillsong Worship with "Be Still":


Shalom in Him!