Monday, August 6, 2018

Shalom,

Today I want to share from Kenneth E. Hagin's "Faith Food"!

Fleeces?


A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you…." (Ezekiel 36:26-27
To receive guidance, some people put out what they call a "fleece" before the Lord. The New Testament, however, does not say, "As many as are led by fleeces, they are the sons of God." 

"Yes," someone may say, "but Gideon put out a fleece back in the Old Testament." 

Why go back under the Old Covenant? We've got something better under the New Covenant. The Old Covenant was for spiritually dead people. I'm not spiritually dead; I'm alive! I've got the Spirit of God in me! 

Remember, Gideon was not a prophet, priest, or king. Only men who stood in those three offices, under the Old Covenant, were anointed by the Spirit of God. The Spirit of God was not personally present with the rest of the people. That is why every male had to present himself once a year at the Temple in Jerusalem. 

The Shekinah glory - the Presence of God - was kept shut up in the Holy of Holies. But when Jesus died on Calvary, the curtain that blocked the way into the Holy of Holies was ripped in two from top to bottom. God moved out - and He has never dwelled in an earth-made house since! He dwells in us! 

Confession: God's Spirit dwells in me! He is the Greater One, and He dwells in me!

AMEN! The born again believer has no business putting out "fleeces"! JESUS said this in John 10:27-28:

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give eternal life to them. They will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.

We CAN know the voice of the LORD and we can KNOW that our prayers are answered! How? Look at 1 John 5:`14-15!

14 And this is the confidence (the assurance, the privilege of boldness) which we have in Him: [we are sure] that if we ask anything (make any request) according to His will (in agreement with His own plan), He listens to and hears us. 15 And if (since) we [positively] know that He listens to us in whatever we ask, we also know [with settled and absolute knowledge] that we have [granted us as our present possessions] the requests made of Him.

What we need to do as New Testament believers is to find out what the Word of God says about each and every situation that we face. Then we need to speak out those WORDS that HE can confirm in our lives with signs, wonders and miracles, bringing great GLORY to His name!

Here is Hillsong with "Here Now (Madness)":


Shalom in Him!