Thursday, July 26, 2018

Shalom,

Today we read Psalm 25 in our Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan. I have always prayed verse 5 before I study the Word of God, but I am going to add verse 4 to that prayer!
Show me Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths. Guide me in Your truth and faithfulness and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; for You [You only and altogether] do I wait [expectantly] all the day long.

1 john 5:14-15 tells us the sure-fire way to get our prayers answered:
14 And this is the confidence (the assurance, the privilege of boldness) which we have in Him: [we are sure] that if we ask anything (make any request) according to His will (in agreement with His own plan), He listens to and hears us. 15 And if (since) we [positively] know that He listens to us in whatever we ask, we also know [with settled and absolute knowledge] that we have [granted us as our present possessions] the requests made of Him.

If we ask in line with the Word of God, then God hears our prayer. If He hears our prayer, then we have it! What is another way to say this? If we ask something that is against the Word (the Will) of God, then He doesn't even hear it! Since He doesn't hear it, we do not have it! Not from God anyway, Who only give good and perfect gifts! I said all of that to say this. Praying Psalm 25:4-5 is absolutely the will of God for us, so we KNOW that hears that prayer, and that He will grant that request! Prayer is not difficult. It simply takes diligence and studying to show ourselves approved unto God, as we are instructed in 2 Timothy 2:15! AMEN! Here is Hillsong with "Desert Song", which is all about prayer!


Shalom in Him!