Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Shalom,

In Psalm 73:12-16 in our Spoken Word BIble RadingPlan for today, the psalmist is having a very hard time understanding why the wicked (those WITHOUT God in this world) can be blessed, prosperous and SEEM to do better ,even, than God's people at times! Let's look at these verses:
12 Behold, these are the ungodly, who always prosper and are at ease in the world; they increase in riches. 13 Surely then in vain have I cleansed my heart and washed my hands in innocency. 14 For all the day long have I been smitten and plagued, and chastened every morning. 15 Had I spoken thus [and given expression to my feelings], I would have been untrue and have dealt treacherously against the generation of Your children. 16 But when I considered how to understand this, it was too great an effort for me and too painful

He simply could not wrap his mind around what He KNEW of God and what tiings APPEARED to be like! Notice, now, verse 17:

17 Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then I understood [for I considered] their end.

Once the psalmist looked to the God of the Bible for the answer, he received! What was the answer? Look at verses 18-22:
18 [After all] You do set the [wicked] in slippery places; You cast them down to ruin and destruction. 19 How they become a desolation in a moment! They are utterly consumed with terrors! 20 As a dream [which seems real] until one awakens, so, O Lord, when You arouse Yourself [to take note of the wicked], You will despise their outward show. 21 For my heart was grieved, embittered, and in a state of ferment, and I was pricked in my heart [as with the sharp fang of an adder]. 22 So foolish, stupid, and brutish was I, and ignorant; I was like a beast before You.

Once he stopped being jealous and envious of the prosperity of those without God in the world, THEN he began to understand just how very blessed he actually was, AND how envious the world was of HIM! Verses 23-28:
23 Nevertheless I am continually with You; You do hold my right hand. 24 You will guide me with Your counsel, and afterward receive me to honor and glory. 25 Whom have I in heaven but You? And I have no delight ordesire on earth besides You. 26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the Rock and firm Strength of my heart and my Portion forever. 27 For behold, those who are far from You shall perish; You will destroy all who are false to You and like [spiritual] harlots depart from You. 28 But it is good for me to draw near to God; I have put my trust in the Lord God and made Him my refuge, that I may tell of all Your works.

The next time that YOU are tempted by this type of thinking, pull yourself out of it by speaking the Word of God over every situation in your life! When YOU begin to walk in the fullness of God's plans and purposes for YOU, THEN you will see that what God does for us is so much more than anything that the world has to offer! TRUST HIM! You can NEVER go wrong! Here is Hillsong with "Future Marches In":



Shalom in Him!