Saturday, December 3, 2016

Shalom,

Continuing on in Proverbs today, we come to a verse that I LOVE in the Amplified Bible! Proverbs 4:7:

The beginning of Wisdom is: get Wisdom (skillful and godly Wisdom)! [For skillful and godly Wisdom is the principal thing.] And with all you have gotten, get understanding (discernment, comprehension, and interpretation).

My paraphrase of this verse, which reflects what it means to me, is this: The MOST important step in really learning and knowing the Word of God is to realize that I really NEED to know more! I have been studying and learning the Word of God for 36 years, and the more I learn the more I realize that there is so much more to learn and know! We will never know all that is in the Word in this life! Once a person thinks they REALLY know something, Holy Spirit will reveal something you have never seen or known before. That takes us back to the original verse. The MOST important part of getting Wisdom is to realize that I NEED Wisdom! A person with a 'know-it-all' attitude will cut themselves off from learning anything from God's Word. 

I had a friend once who told me that rather than spend time with people who knew more than they did, they were more comfortable being around people who didn't. The ONLY way to learn and grow is to glean knowledge and understanding from someone who knows what I do not. That is especially true when it comes to the Word of God! We must approach the study of the Word with humility, with reverence and respect and with a hunger and thirst to know more. When we do that, there is nothing and no one that can stop us from learning and growing up in the things of God! (Hebrews 5:12-14 speaks of this very thing!) Proverbs 4:8-13 are our instructions for today, and very day. 
Prize Wisdom highly and exalt her, and she will exalt and promote you; she will bring you to honor when you embrace her. She shall give to your head a wreath of gracefulness; a crown of beauty and glory will she deliver to you. 10 Hear, O my son, and receive my sayings, and the years of your life shall be many. 11 I have taught you in the way of skillful and godly Wisdom [which is comprehensive insight into the ways and purposes of God]; I have led you in paths of uprightness. 12 When you walk, your steps shall not be hampered [your path will be clear and open]; and when you run, you shall not stumble. 13 Take firm hold of instruction, do not let go; guard her, for she is your life.

AMEN! The answer to every question, the solution to every problem, the general instruction for every born again believer, can be found in the Word of God! When we become DOERS of the Word that we already know, Holy Spirit will give us more specific guidance in how to operate in our own individual lives. Let's make a firmer commitment to give the Word of God top priority in every situation, and exhort and encourage each other to keep at it! AMEN! Here is a new song from Hillsong Worship that speaks of the Word of God, called "Your Word":

Before the earth knew its foundation
You spoke the dust into creation
Until the end when all has withered
Then still Your Word will endure forever

The lamp unto my feet
The light unto my path

Your Word will not be shaken
Your Word will never fail me
Like a fire in my bones
Like a whisper to my soul
Your Word is revelation

Deep calls to deep within Your presence
When I hear You speak my soul awakens
Your Spirit leads my heart to worship
As Your Word reveals the light of Jesus


Shalom in Him!