Sunday, September 25, 2016

Shalom,

I have always loved the account of the centurion who sent for Jesus to heal his servant. Here is the account from Luke 7:6-10:
And Jesus went with them. But when He was not far from the house, the centurion sent [some] friends to Him, saying, Lord, do not trouble [Yourself], for I am not sufficiently worthy to have You come under my roof; Neither did I consider myself worthy to come to You. But [just] speak a word, and my servant boy will be healed. For I also am a man [daily] subject to authority, with soldiers under me. And I say to one, Go, and he goes; and to another, Come, and he comes; and to my bond servant, Do this, and he does it. Now when Jesus heard this, He marveled at him, and He turned and said to the crowd that followed Him, I tell you, not even in [all] Israel have I found such great faith [as this]10 And when the messengers who had been sent returned to the house, they found the bond servant who had been ill quite well again.

Notice what Jesus said in response to this man's declaration of faith (the underlined portion). This man, who was NOT a Jew, but a Roman, KNEW that Jesus had authority that came from Heaven! He also KNEW that His authority was so strong that time and space meant nothing! The result was that this man got exactly what he had petitioned (asked, prayed to) Jesus for! How does this pertain to us? Look at Matthew 28:18:

Jesus approached and, breaking the silence, said to them, All authority (all power of rule) in heaven and on earth has been given to Me.

This was after Jesus rose from the dead and before He ascended back into Heaven. He established with those disciples who still followed after Him that ALL authority now belonged to HIM! You might say, "Yes, but Jesus went back to Heaven, so how does that help us now?" The answer is found in the first part of the next verse! Matthew 28:19a:

Go therefore! 

BECAUSE He now has ALL power and authority, WE can go about DOING the works that Jesus did, and preparing to do even greater works, IN HIS NAME! Begin, if you haven't already, and continue, if you have been, meditating on just who YOU are - IN HIM! Who you are! What you have! What you can DO! All as a born again child of the Living God who is filled with Holy Spirit and full of God's Word! AMEN! Here is Hillsong United with "Say The Word":


Shalom in Him!