Friday, March 18, 2016

Shalom,

I had already been thinking on this subject this morning when I sensed the leading to read Jerry Savelle's devotional. THIS is SO good!

Faith Acts

Men brought on a bed a man who was paralyzed … they went up on the housetop and let him down with his bed through the tiling into the midst before Jesus. When He saw their faith, He said to him, “Man, your sins are forgiven you”(Luke 5:18-20 NKJV).
The Bible says Jesus saw the faith of the men who were lowering their paralyzed friend through a hole in the roof. He saw that these men were so convinced He would heal, they were willing to risk tearing apart someone’s roof just to get their friend before Him. One definition of faith is “simply acting like the Bible is true.” What you really believe can be seen in what you do.
True faith always acts in line with what it believes.
True faith never acts contrary to its belief.
True faith is always accompanied by corresponding action.
Many people say they believe the Word of God, but when it comes down to it, their actions reveal they are not completely convinced God’s Word is true. If you are unsure about what you really believe, ask yourself questions about your actions. For instance …
If I really believe God is faithful, why am I walking around in a state of depression?
If I really believe God said, “Vengeance is mine; I will repay” (see Romans 12:19), why am I struggling to clear my own name?
If I really believe I am healed, why am I not out of bed and getting ready for work?
Today, take a look at what you are doing and ask yourself, “Why am I doing this?” Your answer will reveal what you really believe. And remember, true faith is simply acting like the Bible is true.
Confession: I believe what the Bible says is true. Regardless of my circumstances, I will act in line with what the Word of God says. I will demonstrate my true faith to God and others by my actions.
My meditation had been on how a person can act on their faith in different situations and circumstances. This example is so clear! Who would dare to cut a hole in someone else's roof UNLESS they truly believed it was the "GOD" thing to do! Another great example of faith acted on is the woman with the issue of blood. Luke 8:43-48:

43 And a woman having an issue of blood twelve years, which had spent all her living upon physicians, neither could be healed of any, 44 Came behind him, and touched the border of his garment: and immediately her issue of blood stanched. 45 And Jesus said, Who touched me? When all denied, Peter and they that were with him said, Master, the multitude throng thee and press thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me? 46 And Jesus said, Somebody hath touched me: for I perceive that virtue is gone out of me. 47 And when the woman saw that she was not hid, she came trembling, and falling down before him, she declared unto him before all the people for what cause she had touched him, and how she was healed immediately. 48 And he said unto her, Daughter, be of good comfort: thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace.
Because most believers are unfamiliar with Old Covenant rules and commandments, this doesn't seem like such a hard thing to do. But, when you understand the Law, you realize that she was not allowed in public with an active issue of blood. She was to stay away from people and to yell "Unclean" if anyone came near her. The fact that she came up, in the crowd, behind Jesus and actually dared to touch his garment proves beyond doubt that she believed that she would be healed if she but touched Him! Her faith was rewarded by receiving her healing, but Jesus also declared that she was "made whole", which indicates to me that she was also healed of anything and everything else that may have been wrong in her body. Whether or not you and I, as born again believers, walk in that kind of healing and health will be determined by no one except ourselves! What WILL you do with the knowledge of healing that you have received? Will you meditate on that Word of Truth (John 17:17) until faith rises, pushing aside all doubt and unbelief, and you can reach out for YOUR deliverance? I hope that you do! That is my prayer for you! BE HEALED! AMEN! Here is Hillsong with "Lost Are Found":


Shalom in Him!