Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Shalom,

Today I want to share with you from Kenneth E. Hagin's "Health Food", which is a daily devotional on the subject of healing and divine health. Today's entry is very important to understanding why some people have a hard time receiving healing.

Do You Believe in Divine Healing?

Lay hands suddenly on no man, neither be partaker of other men's sins: keep thyself pure.  (1 Tim. 5:22)
As I sat down to talk with the mother and her daughter, I said to the daughter, "Do you believe in divine healing?"

"Well," she said, "To be honest with you, no, I don't. I didn't want to hurt Momma's feelings, so I thought I would just go ahead and have you lay hands on me." 

"That's the reason I'm not going to pray for you," I said. "You understand that God can heal you though, don't you?" 

"No, no," she said. "We don't preach healing in our church. But I have great confidence in my pastor, because he's a man of God. And if divine healing were so, he would have told me about it." 

I replied, "I'm sure your pastor is a good man who loves the Lord with all his heart and is walking in all the light he has, but there was a time I didn't see some things in the Bible that I now know to be true. Let me ask you a question. What if the Bible said, 'Himself, Jesus, took your infirmity - this serious condition you're facing - and bare your sicknesses?' Would that mean that healing is for you?" 

"Why certainly, it would," she said. 

I told her to pick up the Bible that was on the table next to her and open it to Matthew 8:17. I never will forget it. The minute she read the scripture, she looked at the cover of the Bible and said, "Why, it's just like my Bible! It's a Scofield too." 

Then she said, "Go ahead and lay your hands on me. I'll be healed." I laid my hands on her and she was healed. 

Now I could have laid hands on her earlier, but she wouldn't have received. Then she would have gone off saying, "It isn't the will of God." She had to establish in her mind and in her spirit that healing is the will of God for her before she could receive her healing. 

Confession

I establish in my mind and in my spirit that it is the will of God for me to be well and whole.
Do you see that the responsibility for believing and receiving the promises of God in His Word is ours? No one else can receive FOR us! So many people have gone for prayer for healing just to SEE if anything would happen without really believing for themselves. When they did not receive healing, they assumed, very wrongly, that it was not ALWAYS God's will to heal. Everything that Jesus did during His earthly ministry revealed the will of God. If it was EVER the will of God to heal, it is ALWAYS the will of God to heal! Find out what the Word of God has to say about every situation and circumstance that you are facing. Meditate on that Word (Joshua 1:8) until the TRUTH becomes so real to you, as it did for the woman in the example above, that you will be ready to receive! AMEN! Remember, no one can do it for you! Go hard after the things, the promises, the blessings of God, and then tell the world all about Him and His wonderful works! Here is Hillsong with an older song called "Tell The World":


Shalom in Him!