Friday, October 30, 2015

Shalom,

Today's New Testament reading in our Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan contains some of my very favorite verses! 1 John 5:10-12; 1 John 5:14-15. Verses 10-12 say this:
10 He who believes in the Son of God [who adheres to, trusts in, and relies on Him] has the testimony [possesses this divine attestation] within himself. He who does not believe God [in this way] has made Him out to be and represented Him as a liar, because he has not believed (put his faith in, adhered to, and relied on) the evidence (the testimony) that God has borne regarding His Son. 11 And this is that testimony (that evidence): God gave us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12 He who possesses the Son has that life; he who does not possess the Son of God does not have that life.

THAT is the New Birth! Have YOU received the Son of God, JESUS, as your Lord and personal Savior? If you have, then you HAVE the Son! If you have not, then you don't! Is there ANY reason that you cannot accept and receive Jesus right now? Pray this prayer:

Almighty God, I am a sinner. I believe that Jesus Christ came to this earth, died on the cross for me, was raised from the dead, and is now seated at Your right hand. I accept and receive Jesus Christ as my personal Saviour and I invite Him to come into my heart and become Lord over my life. I thank You now Father, for welcoming me into Your family. You are my Father. I am Your child. Jesus is my Lord! Amen.

NOW you HAVE the SON and you HAVE His LIFE. HALLELUJAH! Now get into a good ,Bible believing, Bible TEACHING church and continue to grow up in the Truth of God's Word so that you can learn to rule and reign in your own life, in HIS ability! One of the things you will learn as you do is found in verses 14-15:
14 And this is the confidence (the assurance, the privilege of boldness) which we have in Him: [we are sure] that if we ask anything (make any request) according to His will (in agreement with His own plan), He listens to and hears us. 15 And if (since) we [positively] know that He listens to us in whatever we ask, we also know [with settled and absolute knowledge] that we have [granted us as our present possessions] the requests made of Him.

THAT is the most vital prerequisite for answered prayer! He will grant any request that He hears, and He hears ONLY His will, which is revealed in His Word! It takes a commitment to study and meditate on the Word (Joshua 1:8), but just how much is answered prayer worth to YOU? AMEN! Here is Hillsong with a great song about prayer that we have used a few times called "Desert Song":


Shalom in Him!