Sunday, March 2, 2014

Shalom,

In Mark 5 today we have the very familiar account of the woman with the issue of blood who had spent all of her money on endless doctors and not one had made her better! Now she was coming to Jesus! Was HE her last resort? We DO know that she was determined that she would get to Him! According to Jewish law she was unclean because of this issue of blood and could not come near people. If anyone got too close she was to yell "Unclean" so that they could avoid any contact with her or they would also become unclean! She was so desperate to get to Jesus that she MUST have crawled on the ground in order to get to the hem of His garment to touch Him! She never yelled "Unclean" because no one was aware of her until Jesus stopped and asked who had touched Him. How did He know? Remember, although Jesus WAS God, He did NOT operate AS God during the time of His life on earth! He operated as a man, subject to the law and under the Abrahamic Covenant of blessing! He knew because He KNEW that power for healing had gone out of Him into her! She was HEALED! Jesus told her this when she admitted that she had been the one! Verse 34:


34 And He said to her, Daughter, your faith (your trust and confidence in Me, springing from faith in God) has restored you to health. Go in (into) peace and be continually healed and freed from your [distressing bodily] disease.

It was HER faith in HIM that brought her healing! Where did she get this faith? Look at verses 27-28:

 27 She had heard the reports concerning Jesus, and she came up behind Him in the throng and touched His garment, 28 For she kept saying, If I only touch His garments, I shall be restored to health.

She had heard of Jesus and she believed that He was Who He said He was! But that was only the beginning of her faith! Faith to actually receive her healing GREW when SHE kept saying "If I only touch His garments, I shall be restored to health."

The KJV simply says "she said", but this is the Greek word, "lego", which means: to lay forth, i.e. to relate in words (usually of a systematic discourse). It also means: to put word to word in speaking, join words together, to gather with the twofold nuance of repetition and separation, to enter on a list. She did not stop speaking what she believed to be true about what Jesus could do for her! Speaking ABOUT our problem does nothing but bring attention to what the enemy is doing! Do NOT ignore the problem, but find out what the Word of God has to say and refuse to give any time and attention to the lie, but "keep saying" what the word of God says about this situation, circumstance, problem or attack! WHEN you can do this, then you, too, will have what you desire from HIM! AMEN! Get the Word in by meditation (Joshua 1:8) then SPEAK and KEEP ON SPEAKING! Here is a new song by Hillsong Young and Free called "Alive" because He IS "all we need"! AMEN!


I was lost with a broken heart
You picked me up, now I'm set apart
From the ash I am born again
Forever safe in the Saviour's hands
You are more than my words could say
I'll follow You Lord for all my days
I'll fix my eyes, follow in Your ways
Forever free in unending grace

'Cause You are, You are, You are my freedom
We lift You higher, lift You higher
Your love, Your love, Your love never ending  Oh oh oh

You are alive in us
Nothing can take Your place
You are all we need
Your love has set us free

In the midst of the darkest night
Let Your love be the shining light
Breaking chains that were holding me
You sent Your Son down and set me free
Everything of this world will fade
I'm pressing on till I see Your face
I will live that Your will be done
I won't stop till Your Kingdom come

(Pre-Chorus) (Chorus)

'Cause You are, You are, You are my freedom

You are, You are, You are my freedom
We lift You higher, lift You higher
Your love, Your love, Your love never ending  Oh oh oh


 (Chorus  2xs)

Shalom in Him!