Friday, May 31, 2013

Shalom,

Psalm 150 is a total psalm of praise to the LORD and instruction to US to do so! We've covered it on this blog a few times before. "Praise" is the Hebrew word "halal", which means: to shine, to boast, to make a show, to be clamorously foolish, to rave, to appear as a fool or madman. When was the last time that YOU praised Him with your whole being as this Psalm instructs? Our Bible reading for today in John 10 gives us even more reason to praise Him! John 10:10:

10 The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).

Now THAT is very easy to understand! The enemy wants to hurt us in any and every way possible, but JESUS came to GIVE us His very own LIFE! He goes on to say this in verse 11:

11 I am the Good Shepherd. The Good Shepherd risks and lays down His [own] life for the sheep.

Jesus GAVE His life for us! Look at verse 18:

18 No one takes it away from Me. On the contrary, I lay it down voluntarily. [I put it from Myself.] I am authorized and have power to lay it down (to resign it) and I am authorized and have power to take it back again. These are the instructions (orders) which I have received [as My charge] from My Father.

Jesus, knowing FULLY what He was about to do, laid down His own life to become sin with our sin and sick with our sickness and disease! He gave us His eternal life, life as HE has in Himself! Look at verses 27-28:
27 The sheep that are My own hear and are listening to My voice; and I know them, and they follow Me. 28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never lose it or perish throughout the ages. [To all eternity they shall never by any means be destroyed.] And no one is able to snatch them out of My hand.

Would you like to see where He is speaking of US specifically? Look at verse 16:

16 And I have other sheep [beside these] that are not of this fold. I must bring and impel those also; and they will listen to My voice and heed My call, and so there will be [they will become] one flock under one Shepherd.

Remember, He was speaking to the Jewish people during His earthly ministry, but the Gospel was given to ALL people when He commissioned the Church to "go into all the world" (Mark 16:14)! 

Let's praise Him today with every fiber of our being and all that is within us! He IS worthy and we ARE, of all people, MOST BLESSED! AMEN! Here is Hillsong with:



Shalom in Him!