Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Shalom,

Psalm 126 is one of the Psalms of Ascents. These are Psalms that were believed to be sung by  people on their way to Jerusalem to celebrate the feasts. 
When the Lord brought back the captives [who returned] to Zion, we were like those who dream [it seemed so unreal]. Then were our mouths filled with laughter, and our tongues with singing. Then they said among the nations, The Lord has done great things for them. The Lord has done great things for us! We are glad! Turn to freedom our captivity and restore our fortunes, O Lord, as the streams in the South (the Negeb) [are restored by the torrents]. They who sow in tears shall reap in joy and singing. He who goes forth bearing seed and weeping [at needing his precious supply of grain for sowing] shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.

This Psalm is especially appropriate today, on the eve of Jerusalem Day in Israel! This day, which begins this evening in Israel, celebrates the taking back of Jerusalem in 1967! Israel was restored as a nation in 1948, but not allowed control of Jerusalem. God Himself appointed Jerusalem as the eternal capital city of Israel! You KNOW that God did this when you see almost universal opposition to it! Even the USA, after promising to do so, has yet to move our Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem! Can you imagine the unmitigated gall of any foreign nation dictating to another sovereign nation where their capital can be? But in THIS, they are coming against the One, True, Most High, Living, Almighty God of the Bible! Join with me in celebrating Jerusalem Day tomorrow with the people of Israel! Be on God's side of THIS issue! AMEN! Here are a few Scripture references that reveal how the God of the Bible views Jerusalem!


1 Kings 11:36 And unto his son will I give one tribe, that David my servant may have a light alway before me in Jerusalem, the city which I have chosen me to put my name there. KJV

2 Chron 3:1 Then Solomon began to build the house of the Lord at Jerusalem in mount Moriah, where the Lord appeared unto David his father, in the place that David had prepared in the threshingfloor of Ornan the Jebusite. KJV

2 Chron 6:5 Since the day that I brought forth my people out of the land of Egypt I chose no city among all the tribes of Israel to build an house in, that my name might be there; neither chose I any man to be a ruler over my people Israel: 6 But I have chosen Jerusalem, that my name might be there; and have chosen David to be over my people Israel. KJV

Ps 147:2 The Lord doth build up Jerusalem: he gathereth together the outcasts of Israel. KJV

Joel 3:16 The Lord also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the Lord will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel. KJV

And here a few pictures in honor of tomorrow's celebration!







Shalom in Him!