Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Shalom,

Today I want to share a portion of Kenneth E. Hagin's Faith Food devotional:

"I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me" (Phil. 4:13).

Many years have come and gone since I cast my cares upon the Lord, and although I will confess that I've been sorely tempted, I have not worried. I have not fretted. I have not had the blues. I have not been discouraged, no matter what. (Some people said I didn't have enough sense to worry. But, thank God, I had too much Bible-sense to worry!) 

Worry was the most difficult sin for me to give up. Worry is the greatest temptation you will ever face too. But you can resist it. And you must. (I hope that YOU realize that worry IS sin [a selfish decision to do something your own way instead of God's way]!)

The language of doubt, the flesh, the senses, and the devil is, "I can't. I don't have the ability, the opportunity, or the strength. I'm limited." But the language of faith says, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." 

You may be thinking that you only worry a "little bit" and that's "ok". Is it? You must know that one bad apple CAN spoil the whole bunch and that even a little "leaven" WILL change the texture of the finished product! A little error will always change the Truth into something untrue! Don't mess with it! Now that you KNOW that fear and worry are sins, you can take steps to remove them from your life! Make no place for them! Meditate on Philippians 4:13 from the Amplified Bible:

13 I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency]. AMP


Spend time in intimate fellowship with the Spirit of God Who lives IN you and allow Him to permeate your very being with strength, vitality, confidence and faith, and to make this a reality for YOU! When you do that, you will be forever equipped to stay strong in the face of anything sent against you! AMEN! Here is Hillsong with "You Are My Strength":


Shalom in Him!