Sunday, August 19, 2012

Shalom,

Pastor Bill Novak began a new series today at The Spoken Word Church called "Peace" or "Perfect Peace"! So many people think that the peace that God wants us to have is freedom from war! That is just not so! Matthew 24:6; Mark 13:7; and Luke 21:9 all say that wars will, and must, take place! Matthew 10:34 says this:

34 Do not think that I have come to bring peace upon the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. AMP

But then Jesus ALSO said this in John 14:27:

27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world gives, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. KJV

He also said this in John 16:33:

33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me you might have peace. In the world you shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. KJV

Romans 8:6 was one of the Scriptures Pastor used today:

6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. KJV

What is this peace that Jesus was speaking about? It is the Greek word "eirene" which means: peace, prosperity. Thayer's Greek Lexicon adds: after the Hebrew "shalom": security, safety, prosperity, felicity (intense happiness). Jesus came to bring peace between God and man! He came to pay the price for sin, once for all time and for all people! The ONLY sin that will keep someone from peace with God is rejecting Jesus! Have YOU received Jesus of Nazareth as Lord and personal Savior? If not, go to our website (link on the left) and find out how! You WANT that peace! Amen! Here is Hillsong with an older song called "Let The Peace Of Go Reign":



Shalom in Him!