Friday, July 6, 2012

Shalom,


We read Matthew 5 today in the Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan. Most of you will recognize this as the "Beatitudes", but did you notice to whom Jesus was speaking these things? Look at verses 1-2:


 1SEEING THE crowds, He went up on the mountain; and when He was seated, His disciples came to Him. 2Then He opened His mouth and taught them, saying:


Jesus went up higher on the mountain when He saw the crowds of people. His disciples joined him and he began to teach THEM! Later, at the end of chapter 7, we see that a crowd has again assembled  and they follow Jesus. Some of them followed Him because they wanted to see some of the miracles that they had heard about. We don't know what motivated them to come, but we DO know this: No one who stayed away heard! If YOU want to hear from God, either through His Word or by His Spirit, YOU will have to come to HIM! James 4:8a says this:

8 Come close to God and He will come close to you.  AMP

The only one who decides how close YOU get to the One, True, Most High, Living, Almighty God of the Bible is YOU! Make the choice, with Paul (Philippians 3) to make it YOUR determined purpose to KNOW HIM! Amen! You will be blessed beyond measure, in this life AND the next! Here is a brand new song by Hillsong Live called "I Surrender":


Hillsong Live - I Surrender

Here I am
Down on my knees again
Surrendering all
Surrendering all

Find me here
Lord as You draw me near
Desperate for You
Desperate for You

Drench my soul
As mercy and grace unfold
I hunger and thirst
I hunger and thirst

With arms stretched wide
I know You hear my cry
Speak to me now
Speak to me now

I surrender
I surrender
I want to know You more
I want to know You more

Like a rushing wind
Jesus breathe within
Lord have your way
Lord have your way in me

Like a mighty storm
Stir within my soul
Lord have your way
Lord have your way in me


Shalom in Him!