Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Shalom,


Time with the grandchildren! I will be sharing some of my favorite praise/worship songs over the next few days! I will also share the reasons behind my choices! Today I want to share this song from Hillsong called "From The Inside Out". For as many years as I have been a born again believer, I have heard other believers speak of how hard they were trying to be a "good" Christian. The problem with that idea is that it takes backwards from a purely supernatural New Birth, to relying again on the flesh and the strength of our own human will. Epic FAIL every time! We are not ABLE to do this on our own! The promise we have from the Word of God is this in Philippians 1:6:


And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that He Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ [right up to the time of His return], developing [that good work] and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you.


He, the Spirit of Almighty God, has been given to us to complete the work He began when He recreated our dead human spirit into a new creation, made in the image of God! When we give Him something to work with: our choice, our reliance, His Word and faith, then HE will complete that good work! Amen! Enjoy the song and rely on HIM!




Shalom in Him!