Sunday, July 29, 2012

Shalom,

Psalm 28:7-9:



7The Lord is my Strength and my [impenetrable] Shield; my heart trusts in, relies on, and confidently leans on Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song will I praise Him.  8The Lord is their [unyielding] Strength, and He is the Stronghold of salvation to His anointed.  9Save Your people and bless Your heritage; nourish and shepherd them and carry them forever.
   

This Psalm is a Psalm of David. I believe that David was referring to himself and his faith, trust and confidence in the LORD in verse 7. Then in verse 8 and 9 he switches to the needs of his people. This is also a picture of the heart of a true, Biblical Pastor for their congregation! They first of all must see to their own spiritual growth and well being, and then they must see to the needs of the people. They pray and intercede for them and then feed them the Word of God so that they can continue to grow in faith and in the things of God. I thank God for my pastor and his faithfulness in prayer and in the Word of God. I hope that YOU have a true, Biblical Pastor! If not, I invite you to The Spoken Word Church! Check out our website through the link on the left! Let us know if we can be of help too you! Here is a very old worship song from our early days at The Spoken Word Church called "In Your Presence":




Shalom in Him!