Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Shalom,


Psalm 150 is an entire Psalm devoted to praise! It gives us a summary of some essentials for worship:



  • The focus of worship:  The LORD!   (Verses 1a, 6b)
  • The places of worship:  Heaven and earth!  (Verse 1b)
  • The themes of worship:  God's Acts and Attributes!  (Verse 2)
  • The The means of worship:  Musical instruments and human voices!  (Verses 3-6)




1a PRAISE THE LORD!  6b Praise the LORD! (Hallelujah!)


The phrase "praise the Lord" is actually the Greek words "Hallelu Yah", or our English word, "Hallelujah!" We know what "halal" means: to be clamorously foolish in praise to Him! "Yah" is the Covenant Name for God. It can also be "Yahweh". Thats is a GREAT way to begin and end a Psalm of praise! 


Here is the song "Let Everything That Has Breath" from Hillsong Music:




John 10:17-18:


17 For this [reason] the Father loves Me, because I lay down My [own] life -- to take it back again. 18 No one takes it away from Me. On the contrary, I lay it down voluntarily, [I put it from Myself] I am authorized and have power to lay it down (to resign it) and I am authorized and have power to take it back again. These are the instructions (orders) which I have received [as My charge] from My Father.


The Father GAVE His only Son and the Son GAVE Himself! Why? For the JOY that was set before Him (Hebrews 12:2)! THAT is US! Thank YOU, Jesus! Celebrate that today! He did it all on purpose and He did it all for YOU! GLORY TO GOD!


1 Samuel 27:1:


1 BUT DAVID said in his heart, I shall now perish one day by the hand of Saul. There is nothing better for me than that I should escape into the land of the Philistines. Then Saul will despair of seeking me any more within the borders of Israel, and I shall escape out of his hand.


Remember the last time you got discouraged, were tempted to give up, lost faith or something like that? Well, it has happened to the best of us, including David, who was a man after God's heart! That means that when he missed it, he would eventually repent and then get right back going AFTER GOD! Now YOU go and do likewise! NEVER allow yourself to stay down and discouraged! God has promised you things in His Word that you need to remind yourself of on a daily basis, so that you can keep encouraging yourself and continuing to grow!


Shalom in Him!