Friday, February 29, 2008

Shalom,

We will look at the 6th and final verse of Psalm 23 today. Here is the verse:

Ps 23:6 (KJV)
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

The very first word, "surely", is the Hebrew word, 'ak, which means: certainly, of a surety, truly, indeed, also. Also would mean that along with the other promises previously discussed, this too is mine! "Goodness", the Hebrew word, towb, which means: good in the widest sense, beautiful, best, better, bountiful, pleasure, precious, prosperity, wealth, welfare, happiness, good things, excellent, rich, valuable, "and mercy", the Hebrew word, checed, which means: kindness, beauty, favour, goodness, faithfulness, "shall follow me", the Hebrew word, radaph, which means: to run after, to chase, to follow after, to pursue, to attend closely upon, to pursue ardently, to aim eagerly to secure, to hunt. All of these good and wonderful promises from God and His Word are hunting me down, pursuing me, running after me for the purpose of securing these blessings in my life! What a powerful Truth! Our heavenly Father wants to bless us even more than we want the blessings! How long will they keep pursuing me? "All", the Hebrew word, kol, which means: the whole, all , any, every, anything, totality, everything, the days of my life! And that's still not all there is here! We also see "and I will dwell", the Hebrew word, yashab, which means: to sit down, to dwell, to remain, to settle, to continue, to abide, to stay, to have one's abode, "in the house of", the Hebrew word, bayith, which means: a house, a shelter, a home, a family, a household, "the LORD", which is, again, the Hebrew Name Jehovah, the eternal, self-existing One! The Almighty God! We who belong to Him will live in His family and in the shelter of His presence FOREVER!!! He will never leave us nor forsake us (Hebrews 13:5). The Amplified Bible says this:

Ps 23:6 (Amplified)
6Surely or only goodness, mercy, and unfailing love shall follow me all the days of my life, and through the length of my days the house of the Lord [and His presence] shall be my dwelling place.

If the Lord Jesus is YOUR Shepherd, your Lord and personal Saviour, then all of these promises are YOURS! Start expecting and allowing Him to be all that He wants to be for you. If you have never received Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal Saviour, then these promises are for others and NOT for you. But it doesn't have to stay that way! Do you believe that Jesus Christ came to this earth? Do you believe that He died on the cross for you? Do you believe that He rose from the dead and is now with the Father in Heaven? Is there any reason why you can't receive Him as YOUR Lord and personal Saviour right now? Then pray this prayer:

Almighty God, I am a sinner. I believe that Jesus Christ came to this earth, died on the cross for me, was raised from the dead, and is now seated at Your right hand. I accept and receive Jesus Christ as my personal Saviour and I invite Him to come into my heart and become Lord over my life. I thank You now Father, for welcoming me into Your family. You are my Father. I am Your child. Jesus is my Lord! Amen.

Now you truly are a member of the family of God! The Holy Spirit came in and recreated your human spirit into the image of God Himself! You need to get into the Word of God so that you can grow up in the Word of God. It is vital that you get into a good local church that teaches the Word of God boldly, uncompromisingly, precisely and accurately, and where you can fellowship with like-minded believers. Go to The Spoken Word Church link at the left of this blog and find out if we are in your area. If not, please contact us to let us know about you and we will try to find a church for you in your area! There is a lot of teaching available on that website to carry you over until you can find a good church! And remember that the Lord Jesus is now your Shepherd and Lord! All of those promises are now yours!

Shalom in Him!