Tuesday, August 31, 2021

 Shalom,

Psalm 61 from today's Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan is a great encourtagement for us to stay the course, run our race, never give up, never quit and maintain a high level of trust and confidence in the Lord our God! 

To the Chief Musician; on stringed instruments. [A Psalm] of David.

1 Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. 2 From the end of the earth will I cry to You, when my heart is overwhelmed and fainting; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. 3 For You have been a shelter and a refuge for me, a strong tower against the adversary. 4 I will dwell in Your tabernacle forever; let me find refuge and trust in the shelter of Your wings. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]! 5 For You, O God, have heard my vows; You have given me the heritage of those who fear, revere, and honor Your name. 6 May You prolong the [true] King’s life [adding days upon days], and may His years be to the last generation [of this world and the generations of the world to come]. 7 May He sit enthroned forever before [the face of] God; O ordain that loving-kindness and faithfulness may watch over Him! 8 So will I sing praise to Your name forever, paying my vows day by day.

This Psalm is also excellently encouraging from The Passion Translation!

A song for the guitar by King David

61 O God, hear my prayer. Listen to my heart’s cry. 2 For no matter where I am, even when I’m far from home, I will cry out to you for a father’s help. When I’m feeble and overwhelmed by life,
guide me into your glory, where I am safe and sheltered. 3 Lord, you are a paradise of protection to me. You lift me high above the fray. None of my foes can touch me when I’m held firmly in your wraparound presence! 4 Keep me in this glory. Let me live continually under your splendor-shadow, hiding my life in you forever. Pause in his presence 5 You have heard my sweet resolutions to love and serve you, for I am your beloved. And you have given me an inheritance of rich treasures, which you give to all your devoted lovers. 6 You treat me like a king, giving me a full and abundant life, years and years of reigning, like many generations rolled into one. 7 I will live enthroned with you forever! Guard me, God, with your unending, unfailing love. Let me live my days walking in grace and truth before you. 8 And my praises will fill the heavens forever, fulfilling my vow to make every day a love-gift to you!

Never forget who you are, and Whose you are, when you are IN HIM! Here, to remind you of that, is Hillsong with "What A Beautiful Name":

Shalom in Him!