Monday, March 21, 2016

Shalom,

We read Romans 8 in our Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan for today. Romans 8:1 says this:

Therefore, [there is] now no condemnation (no adjudging guilty of wrong) for those who are in Christ Jesus, who live [and] walk not after the dictates of the flesh, but after the dictates of the Spirit.

Notice that the first half of this verse is in regular type, while the second half is in italics. When you see this occur in the KJV or the classic version of the Amplified Bible, be aware that this means these words were NOT included in the most reliable of the earliest writings. This has been added by the translators because they believed that it made the meaning clearer. In some cases this may be so, but I have found that it is best to read the verses without those and ask Holy Spirit to further define this. In this case, they were decidedly wrong. There is now NO "condemnation", which is the Greek word "katakrima". This word means: an adverse sentence (verdict), a damnatory sentence, the sentence pronounced with a suggestion of punishment to follow. There is NO sentence of punishment for those who are "in Christ Jesus" which means those who are born again. When you received Jesus as your Lord and personal Savior, you were born again of "incorruptible seed" by the Word of God (1 Peter 1:22)! You ARE a new creature with the Spirit of Almighty God living IN you! There is NO sentence, punishment or judgment against you because Jesus paid the complete price for sin, for all time, for all people "whosoever will" receive! Those who reject Jesus have chosen to accept the sentence of punishment for sin themselves instead of HIS substitutionary sacrifice. His sacrifice was NOT just for those who "walk not after the dictates of the flesh", but for ALL who will receive! Otherwise it would go back to being our own good works and righteousness, which is good for nothing! Now before you accuse me of giving people a license to sin, realize that allowing sin into our lives DOES open the door for the enemy of our souls to wreak havoc in our lives here on earth! It does not affect our eternal life in Heaven other than keeping us from building rewards for our obedience to HIM. 

So, stop allowing people to keep introducing "another doctrine" that takes away from the Grace of God that brings great joy! Turn away from sin because it affects your fellowship with HIM, with other people, your effectiveness in sharing the Gospel and your rewards in Heaven, and NOT because you fear you will miss Heaven! You ARE a new creation, created in the image of God, a member of His family, an heir of God and a unique member of the Body of Christ! Let's get busy about our Father's business of seeking and saving the lost and we won't have time to even consider nonsense! AMEN! Here is Hillsong with a new song about the Grace of God called "Grace To Grace":


If love endured that ancient cross How precious is my Savior's blood The beauty of heaven wrapped in my shame The image of love upon death's frame If having my heart was worth the pain What joy could you see beyond the grave If love found my soul worth dying for How wonderful How glorious My Savior's scars victorious My chains are gone My debt is paid From death to life And grace to grace If heaven now owns that vacant tomb How great is the hope that lives in You The passion that tore through hell like a rose The promise that rolled back death and its stone If freedom is worth the life You raised Where is my sin? Where is my shame? If love paid it all to have my heart How wonderful How glorious My Savior's scars victorious My chains are gone My debt is paid From death to life And grace to grace When I see that cross, I see freedom When I see that grave, I'll see Jesus And from death to life, I will sing Your praise In the wonder of Your grace When I see that cross, I see freedom When I see that grave, I'll see Jesus And from death to life, I will sing Your praise In the wonder of Your grace How my soul will sing Your praise In the wonder of Your grace How my soul will sing Your praise How wonderful How glorious My Savior's scars victorious My chains are gone My debt is paid From death to life And grace to grace
Shalom in Him!