Saturday, November 20, 2021

Shalom,

Psalm 141:1-4 in our Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan for today, especially verse 3, is something that I pray often!

1 Lord, I call upon You; hasten to me. Give ear to my voice when I cry to You. 2 Let my prayer be set forth as incense before You, the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice. 3 Set a guard, O Lord, before my mouth; keep watch at the door of my lips. 4 Incline my heart not to submit or consent to any evil thing or to be occupied in deeds of wickedness with men who work iniquity; and let me not eat of their dainties.

My sincere desire as a minister of the Gospel is to ONLY speak what Holy Spirit wants me to speak, so I do pray that before every time that I minister! Then we have John 18 where I want to look at verses 19-24:

19 Then the high priest questioned Jesus about His disciples and about His teaching. 20 Jesus answered him, I have spoken openly to the world. I have always taught in a synagogue and in the temple [area], where the Jews [habitually] congregate (assemble); and I have spoken nothing secretly. 21 Why do you ask Me? Ask those who have heard [Me] what I said to them. See! They know what I said. 22 But when He said this, one of the attendants who stood by struck Jesus, saying, Is that how You answer the high priest? 23 Jesus replied, If I have said anything wrong [if I have spoken abusively, if there was evil in what I said] tell what was wrong with it. But if I spoke rightly and properly, why do you strike Me? 24 Then Annas sent Him bound to Caiaphas the high priest.

Notice what Jesus replied to those who struck Him for His answer to the high priest! I LOVE this! Especially their response to what He said! NOTHING! They had no answer because they KNEW that He spoke the TRUTH! We see something similar happening now where people are so upset when we speak the TRUTH that they attack, slander, harass and try to intimidate those who speak! THAT is the sure sign that they KNOW the TRUTH and are rejecting it! Refuse to be intimidated by TRUTH deniers! Continue to BE where GOD wants you to be, DOING what GOD wants you to do and SPEAKING what GOD wants you to SPEAK! HE will reward you openly while THEY watch and see! HALLELUJAH! MAYBE they will finally see and believe the TRUTH and be set free! Here is Hillsong with one of my favorite songs from Psalm 141 called "Like Incense: Sometimes By Step":

Shalom in Him!