Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Shalom,

We begin the Epistle of James today in our Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan. There are so many great lessons and instructions in this book! I want to share a few of my favorites from the first chapter! 

If any of you is deficient in wisdom, let him ask of the giving God [Who gives] to everyone liberally and ungrudgingly, without reproaching or faultfinding, and it will be given him.

He wants us to ask Him for Wisdom so that He can give it and WE can walk in it! I LOVE that I can go directly to GOD when I need answers and He has promised to give them to me! 

17 Every good gift and every perfect (free, large, full) gift is from above; it comes down from the Father of all [that gives] light, in [the shining of] Whom there can be no variation [rising or setting] or shadow cast by His turning [as in an eclipse].

This reinforces for me that EVERY GOOD thing in my life comes from HIM! He may use people to deliver them to me, but HE is the ultimate good gift Giver! First thanks always goes to HIM! 

19 Understand [this], my beloved brethren. Let every man be quick to hear [a ready listener], slow to speak, slow to take offense and to get angry.

Being quick to hear means listening well to Holy Spirit, God's Word and other people BEFORE we speak so that we can speak with understanding and Wisdom! Being slow to be offended keeps us walking in love which fuels our faith and makes it work! 

22 But be doers of the Word [obey the message], and not merely listeners to it, betraying yourselves [into deception by reasoning contrary to the Truth].

Reading, studying, meditating on the Word of God, without obeying (doing) what the Word says causes the Word to be useless and ineffective in our lives. It is OBEDIENCE to God and His Word that brings great blessings and causes HIS will to be done in an for and through us! Now I suggest that YOU make a list of the verses that really minister to you! Meditate on them, speak them to yourself anf then obey them! Great blessings are in store! Here is Hillsong with "Say The Word":

Shalom in Him!