Monday, December 30, 2019

Shalom,

We finish up Proverbs today with Proverbs 31! This Proverb is quoted often and women are told to emulate her. I LOVE this footnote found for the Amplified Bible on it!

Proverbs 31:10 It is most unfortunate that this description of God’s ideal woman is usually confined in readers’ minds merely to its literal sense—her ability as a homemaker, as in the picture of Martha of Bethany in Luke 10:38-42. But it is obvious that far more than that is meant. When the summary of what makes her value “far above rubies” is given (in Proverbs 31:30), it is her spiritual life only that is mentioned. One can almost hear the voice of Jesus saying, “Mary has chosen the good portion... which shall not be taken away from her” (Luke 10:42).

I also think that it is regrettable that this is used only for women! Yes, this is written by a mother to her son as advice for his search for a mate, but so many men would benefit from taking this advice and becoming a 'Proverbs 31' MAN! The principals for doing thngs God's way here are invaluable for every born again believer who wants to hear: "WELL DONE"! We also read Philippians 3 in today's Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan, and you KNOW that verse 10 is my very favorite verse, if you've been reading here for very long! 

10 [For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection 

WE CHOOSE how we want to purpose to live our lives! Our wonderful Heavenly Father gives US the freedom to choose! What will YOU choose as your way of putting JESUS as your Number One? I believe that this commitment by Paul is the very BEST way to start! And he goes on to say this in verses 12-14:
12 Not that I have now attained [this ideal], or have already been made perfect, but I press on to lay hold of (grasp) and make my own, that for which Christ Jesus (the Messiah) has laid hold of me and made me His own. 13 I do not consider, brethren, that I have captured and made it my own [yet]; but one thing I do [it is my one aspiration]: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the [supreme and heavenly] prize to which God in Christ Jesus is calling us upward.

Let's keep moving forward TOWARDS JESUS every day and allow Holy Spirit, Who is working His very GOOD work IN US, to continue to perfect us every day! AMEN! Here are Hillsong Kids with "My Number One":



Shalom in Him!