Sunday, June 23, 2019

Shalom,

Today I want to share Kenneth E. Hagin's "Faith Food" again!

Heart Purpose

"But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king's meat, nor with the wine which he drank: therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself" (Daniel 1:8). 

I had two favorite scriptures I either read or quoted to the Lord and on which I based my confession every morning as I walked to school. The first was John 1:4. The second was Daniel chapter 1

Read Daniel chapter 1 and see how Daniel and the three Hebrew children, although they were captives, were chosen as students in the king's college. 

The Bible says that Daniel "purposed in his heart." I used this phrase with the Lord. I knew that even though I wasn't living under the Old Covenant, there still was a principle here I could abide by. 

You see, the Jews weren't supposed to eat certain meats, but that's not so with us. The Word of God says under the New Covenant, 
"Every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer" (1 Timothy 4:4-5). 

So I acted upon the same principle Daniel did. I said this to the Lord every morning: "I purpose in my heart to walk in the light of life." 

Confession: I purpose in my heart to walk in the light of life. I purpose to walk in the light of the life of God in me. 
What changes do you want to see happen in your life and in your walk with the Lord? Find what the Word of God has to say about each situation and then purpose in your own heart that THIS is what you will walk in! EXPECT Holy Spirit to complete this work IN you! Here is Hillsong UNITED with "Shadow Step":


Shalom in Him!