Monday, January 1, 2018

Shalom,

Today I want to do something that I believe I have only done one other time since beginning this blog. I am going to share again what I wrote for January 1st of last year! It is STILL great advice for making this year our very best year yet!

Shalom,

I LOVE the start of a new year when we begin going through the Bible with our Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan again! {Purchase one through our website link on the left, or follow along daily directly from the site.} We have been reading through the Bible with some form of this very plan for over 30 years and I learn something new and inspiring every single day! This is due first of all to the fact that I CHOOSE to! I fully expect to add something new every time I open the Word of God. It is limitless, so make it YOUR goal to begin adding knowledge everyday! I have four words for you to begin this year, and they come directly from our reading in Genesis 1:

In the beginning God .. !

Make the One True, Most High, Living, Almighty God of the Bible your top priority to begin not just the year, but every day of your life! Make acknowledging Him, speaking to Him, thanking Him and praising Him the very first thing you do the moment you wake up every day and I can guarantee that things will begin to change for you and YOU will never be the same again! 

My next encouragement for you comes directly from our reading in Psalm 1, the first three verses:
Blessed (happy, fortunate, prosperous, and enviable) is the man who walks and lives not in the counsel of the ungodly [following their advice, their plans and purposes], nor stands [submissive and inactive] in the path where sinners walk, nor sits down [to relax and rest] where the scornful [and the mockers] gather. But his delight and desire are in the law of the Lord, and on His law (the precepts, the instructions, the teachings of God) he habitually meditates (ponders and studies) by day and by night. And he shall be like a tree firmly planted [and tended] by the streams of water, ready to bring forth its fruit in its season; its leaf also shall not fade or wither; and everything he does shall prosper [and come to maturity].

AMEN! If being "Blessed (happy, fortunate, prosperous and enviable)" isn't enough incentive to obey these verses, then look at the last three (on your own) to see what happens to the lives of those who do not! As for me and mine, we'll concentrate on those wonderful "DOs"! I pray that you will make the choices that will cause you to look back on 2016 (now 2017) as the year that you learned more, grew more in the things of God, walked in more favor, mercy, protection and blessings than ever before, AND reached more people with the Good News of the Gospel! Let's get this year started RIGHT! AMEN! Here is Hillsong Young and Free with a song that I hope will inspire YOU further in the things of God! It's called "Energy"!


Shalom in Him!