Thursday, January 25, 2018

Shalom,

Proverbs 3:11-12 says this to us:

11 My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord, Nor detest His correction; 12 For whom the Lord loves He corrects, Just as a father the son in whom he delights. NKJV

This was Job's mindset at the very end of the Book of Job. All the while Job's family was shunning him and his three friends were insisting that he had sin in his life, Job maintained his own righteousness, wondering WHY God was doing all of this to him. Elihu spoke Truth to Job and his friends. THEN, GOD SPOKE!  There was no doubt at all Who it was Who was speaking directly to Job about his attitude. Now, here in the final chapter of the book, Job has repented (changed his thinking to agree with God)! Look at Job 42:1-6 to see what repentance sounds like!
1 Then Job said to the Lord, I know that You can do all things, and that no thought or purpose of Yours can be restrained or thwarted. [You said to me] Who is this that darkens and obscures counsel [by words] without knowledge? Therefore [I now see] I have [rashly] uttered what I did not understand, things too wonderful for me, which I did not know. [I had virtually said to You what You have said to me:] Hear, I beseech You, and I will speak; I will demand of You, and You declare to me. I had heard of You [only] by the hearing of the ear, but now my [spiritual] eye sees You. Therefore I loathe [my words] and abhor myself and repent in dust and ashes.

We know that in our New Covenant we do not need to sit in dust and ashes. We simply confess (acknowledge and admit) when we miss it and the Blood of JESUS continually cleanses us from all sin because HE is "faithful and just" (1 John 1:9)! Please do not fall for the idea that we now never have to repent. Repentance is simply changing OUR thinking to agree with God! HE is ALWAYS right, so when we disagree, we must acknowledge that and then receive the freely-given forgiveness so that we do not miss one moment by being out of fellowship with HIM! AMEN! Here is Hillsong with "Splinters and Stones":


Shalom in Him!