Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Shalom,

I LOVE this from Kenneth E. Hagin's "Faith Food" concerning prayer!

Fellowship in Prayer

"That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleans us from all sin" (1 John 1:3-4,7). 

If you have fellowship with God, and you're walking in the light as He is in the light, then prayer becomes one of the greatest assets you have inherited in Christ. Prayer is joining forces with God the Father. It is being in fellowship with Him. It is carrying out His will upon the earth. 

Prayer should never be a problem or a burden to you. It should be a joy! Prayer, "real prayer," won't take anything out of you; it will always put something into you! Because you are in fellowship with God when you pray. 

Confession: I have fellowshipped with my Father in prayer. And my joy is full! I fellowship with God. I commune with God, I talk with Him, and I listen to Him, that I may carry out His will upon the earth. 
Our prayer life should consist of way more than just our running ot God with our needs, 'just a hopin and a prayin' that they will be met. If we are REALLY praying in fellowship with HIm, which means getting to KNOW Him by spending time in His presence, then we will also be learning through His Word what He thinks about any and every situation that we face! Our prayer in the Spirit (tongues) is vital for this! I knew practically nothing of the Word of God when I got born again. When I received the infilling of Holy Spirit, with the evidence of speaking in tongues, the Word of God came alive to me! There were things that I knew from my time in fellowship with Him, by praying in tongues, that I had not yet learned from His Word, but my spirit assured me of. Later, I would find the Scripture that confirmed it! There is NO substitute for spending time in intimate fellowship with Him! There is NO substitute for praying in tongues! And there is NO substitute for praying His Word into a situation! Look at 1 John 5:14-15:
14 And this is the confidence (the assurance, the privilege of boldness) which we have in Him: [we are sure] that if we ask anything (make any request) according to His will (in agreement with His own plan), He listens to and hears us. 15 And if (since) we [positively] know that He listens to us in whatever we ask, we also know [with settled and absolute knowledge] that we have [granted us as our present possessions] the requests made of Him.

His Word IS His will! His Word is TRUTH (John 17:17)! So, make whatever adjustments YOU need to make in order to become knowledgeable of HIM, His WILL and His WORD! Then YOU will become an EXCELLENT Prayer Warrior! Praying for others first, then having your own needs met! AMEN! Here is Hillsong Worship with "Let There Be Light":


Shalom in Him!