Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Shalom,

I LOVE today's "Faith Food" by Kenneth E. Hagin! If you have never read them, you are missing a great study tool for basic Bible understanding! I know that there are SO many devotional choices out there, but THIS one should be a top one! 

Waiting on God
"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint" (Isaiah 40:31). 

Except for that one time when I got fleeced, I never missed it when I made a change in churches or ministry. 

"What did you go by - a fleece?" 

No, I went by what the inward witness said. If I had to, I would wait awhile before God. If I had to, I would wait all night long or I might fast a day or so - not that fasting will change God. It won't. 

God never changes. He's the same before I fast, while I fast, and after I fast. But fasting changes me. The time I would have spent eating, I prayed and waited on God. I would spend more time in the Word. Then my spirit man would become dominant. 

So I waited until I knew on the inside of me what God wanted me to do. And I never got fleeced again. 

Confession: My spirit is the candle of the Lord. He guides me. He enlightens me. He leads me through my spirit. He leads, first of all, by the inward witness. He also leads by the still, small voice. He is leading. He is guiding. He is directing. I am Spirit-led, Spirit-taught, and Spirit-guided. 
I LOVE that he instructs here that fasting does NOT change God! Fasting is for the purpose of getting US to focus on God and His Word! THAT is where the answer to every question and the solution to every problem hides FOR us! Make it your 'determined purpose' to know and love the Lord your God first and foremost! Part of that involves loving what He loves, which starts with His WORD! Put the Word first, set aside (fast) whatever distracts YOU from hearing His voice and receiving His direction. When you receive that, then set your face like flint to put it into practice and watch HIM get involved, supernaturally, in every area of your life! AMEN! Here is Hillsong UNITED with "Glimmer In The Dust":


Shalom in Him!