Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Shalom,

I LOVE this from Kenneth E. Hagin's "Faith Food" for today!

Stirred Up

"Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee…" (2 Timothy 1:6). 
A woman got us out of bed at two o'clock one morning, crying, "If I could just get back to where I was with God." I assumed she had committed some terrible sin, so I said, "Kneel down here and tell the Lord about it. He will forgive you." 

She said, "I have searched my heart and as far as I know, I haven't done anything wrong." I said, "Then what makes you think you have to get back to God?" "Well," she said, "I just don't feel like I used to." 

I was visibly aggravated with her. I told her if I went by my feelings right then, she'd have to pray for me! But I showed her what to do: I told her to watch and listen as I prayed. 

Then I said, "Dear Lord, I'm so glad I'm a child of God. I'm so glad I've been born again. I don't feel anything, but that doesn't have anything to do with it. My inward man is a new man. I want to thank You that I'm filled with the Holy Spirit. God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit reside in me. I want to thank You for that…." 

I didn't feel anything at the time, but I confessed it anyway, because that's what the Word says. When I did, on the inside of me, something bubbled up. "The expression on your face changed. Your face lit up," the woman said. "Yes," I said, "it was in me all the time. I just stirred up what is in me." 

Confession: I stir up what is in me! 
Don't EVER let your feelings dictate how you respond to the Word of God! John 17:17 tells us that God's Word is TRUTH! Remind yourself what the Word says about you on a regular basis, especially when the enemy tries to steal the Truth from you! Remember, the only 'weapon' that the enemy possesses is the lie! He has many strategies for using it, but the ONLY thing he can do to a born again believer is to TRY to get us to believe, and speak, something contrary to the Word! REFUSE! Reject those thoughts that come from him and replace them with the TRUTH! AMEN! Here is Hillsong UNITED with "Shape Of Your Heart":


Shalom in Him!