Monday, March 27, 2017

Shalom,

Today's "Faith Food" by Kenneth E. Hagin has a very powerful lesson on HOW to exercise our authority as a born again believer. 

Whom Resist

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walks about, seeking whom he may devour: whom resist steadfast in the faith" (1 Peter 5:8-9). 

In 1942, I had a battle with symptoms in my body. I prayed, appropriated the promises of God, and stood my ground. But at times it looked like I wasn't going to make it. 

One such night I had a dream. I dreamed another man and I were on some kind of a parade ground. It was like a football field. There were stands on either side. As we walked along talking, suddenly the man looked back and yelled, "Look!" and he started running. I turned and saw that two ferocious lions were almost upon me. I ran about two steps. Then I hollered to the other man, "You'll never make it! You can't outrun them!" I stopped still, turned around, and faced them. 

I was trembling. My flesh was covered with goose pimples. But I said, "I stand against you. I refuse to budge in the Name of Jesus Christ." The lions stopped, came right up to me, sniffed around my feet, and just trotted off.

I awoke, and First Peter 5:8 came to my mind. I knew my physical battle was won. I received healing immediately. I had almost run, but I stood my ground. I had used my authority. 

Confession: I resist the devil steadfast in the faith. I stand my ground. I use my authority. And the devil runs from me as if in terror. 
We MUST meditate on the Word of God (Joshua 1:8) until we "know that we know" what belongs to us as New Covenant believers, members of the family of God, the Body of Christ and the Church of Jesus Christ! HE has already done everything needful for US to walk in VICTORY in every situation! We simply need to know HOW to implement that victory. Keep spending time in HIS presence through prayer, praise and worship, study and meditation in the Word of God and in intimate fellowship with HIM! We will then be in perfect position to be revealed as "more than a conqueror" (Romans 8:37) through HIM that LOVES us! HALLELUJAH! Here is Hillsong Worship with "What A Beautiful Name":


Shalom in Him!