Sunday, February 28, 2016

Shalom,

As I read Psalm 59 today in following along with our Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan, I was again impressed with how up-to-date and thoroughly timely these Words are which were written so very long ago! This Psalm speaks of David's mindset when King Saul's men were waiting to catch him and kill him. All of Saul's anger toward David was the result of jealousy which had it's root in believing something that was NOT true! He had a hatred for David, who had only done service for the king, because he thought David was after his throne. GOD had chosen David to be the next king, but David was not trying to do anything ahead of God's plan. He had no personal ambitions except to follow the Lord his God! I see the same sort of mental attitude active in people today. Some people are so insecure in themselves that they feel threatened by anyone and anything that they cannot control! Look at verses 1-7:
Deliver me from my enemies, O my God; defend and protect me from those who rise up against me. Deliver me from and lift me above those who work evil and save me from bloodthirsty men. For, behold, they lie in wait for my life; fierce and mighty men are banding together against me, not for my transgression nor for any sin of mine, O Lord. They run and prepare themselves, though there is no fault in me; rouse Yourself [O Lord] to meet and help me, and see! You, O Lord God of hosts, the God of Israel, arise to visit all the nations; spare none and be not merciful to any who treacherously plot evil. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]! They return at evening, they howl and snarl like dogs, and go [prowling] about the city. Behold, they belch out [insults] with their mouths; swords [of sarcasm, ridicule, slander, and lies] are in their lips, for who, they think, hears us?

I am particularly looking at
verse 7. During this very contentious election season in the U.S., some candidates, campaigns and the people who follow them have become increasingly aggressive in their personal attacks against the other candidates. They have and continue to "belch out insults with their mouths" and to ridicule, slander and lie about the other candidates. I am going to encourage you to make this election completely about the issues involving our Constitution and the upholding of the godly principles that this nation was originally founded on. DO NOT fall for the ridiculous lie that it is better to vote for the "lesser of two evils" than to vote your principles because it COULD cost the election. THAT is the very reason that we are in the position that we are in right now! There is no such thing as the "lesser of two evils". EVIL is EVIL - PERIOD! It is past time for Bible believing, born again Christians to stand up for what is RIGHT according to the Word of God and to refuse to allow the enemy any more "free space" to operate! Let's take our nation back by Spiritual force, which is our responsibility while we are still here on the earth! Remember that HE has given US authority over all the power of the enemy (Luke 10:19) and nothing can touch us when we are In Him, and IN that secret place of protection, provision and safety provided for us in Psalm 91:
He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty [Whose power no foe can withstand]. I will say of the Lord, He is my Refuge and my Fortress, my God; on Him I lean and rely, and in Him I [confidently] trust! For [then] He will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence. [Then] He will cover you with His pinions, and under His wings shall you trust and find refuge; His truth and His faithfulness are a shield and a buckler. You shall not be afraid of the terror of the night, nor of the arrow (the evil plots and slanders of the wicked) that flies by day, Nor of the pestilence that stalks in darkness, nor of the destruction and sudden death that surprise and lay waste at noonday. A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand, but it shall not come near you. Only a spectator shall you be [yourself inaccessible in the secret place of the Most High] as you witness the reward of the wicked. Because you have made the Lord your refuge, and the Most High your dwelling place, 10 There shall no evil befall you, nor any plague or calamity come near your tent. 11 For He will give His angels [especial] charge over you to accompany and defend and preserve you in all your ways [of obedience and service]. 12 They shall bear you up on their hands, lest you dash your foot against a stone. 13 You shall tread upon the lion and adder; the young lion and the serpent shall you trample underfoot. 14 Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore will I deliver him; I will set him on high, because he knows and understands My name [has a personal knowledge of My mercy, love, and kindness—trusts and relies on Me, knowing I will never forsake him, no, never]. 15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. 16 With long life will I satisfy him and show him My salvation.

AMEN! I have a few ministries that I follow and have confidence in who are saying the same thing that they are receiving from the Lord. The message is, to paraphrase: God has GOT this in His hands! Things are about to change and what the world THINKS they are going to do will NOT be allowed to come to pass! Be prepared to stand strong in prayer and on the Word of God and EXPECT that He Who is LORD of ALL is about to make Himself known as we refuse to compromise and dare to believe! AMEN! Remember to NOT neglect the assembling of yourselves together (Hebrews 10:25) with those believers that HE has assigned you to fellowship with , knowing that where we are gathered in His Name, HE IS THERE IN OUR MIDST (Matthew 18:20)! AND, the Lord our God, in the midst of us, is MIGHTY (Zephaniah 3:17)! He is both willing and able to confirm His Word and to move on our behalf when we dare to believe! HALLELUJAH! Here is Hillsong United with a song that always stirs me up to get up and GO! It is called "Go"!


Shalom in Him!