Saturday, November 8, 2014

Shalom,


If you know me well at all, or have been reading this blog for any amount of time, you already know that Philippians 3:10 from the Amplified Bible is my very favorite inspirational Scripture! Paul was focusing his undivided attention to getting to REALLY know the One, True God of the Bible! I believe that we all desire this! Paul was declaring this AFTER he had confessed his horrible treatment of the born again believers of his time. He had relentlessly pursued them with the intention of wiping out the church! He reminded those listening to him then, and we who are studying his words today, of just how distinguished he was among his peers and in the sight of many people. THEN he says THIS in verse 8:

8 Yes, furthermore, I count everything as loss compared to the possession of the priceless privilege (the overwhelming preciousness, the surpassing worth, and supreme advantage) of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord and of progressively becoming more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him [of perceiving and recognizing and understanding Him more fully and clearly]. For His sake I have lost everything and consider it all to be mere rubbish (refuse, dregs), in order that I may win (gain) Christ (the Anointed One), AMP

THIS commitment is how we fulfill that "determined purpose" to know HIM! It takes time and diligence, but the rewards are beyond belief! He IS the most wonderful person you and I will ever hope to know! Knowing HIM causes us to desire to BE like Him! There is not one person in your life who will not benefit from YOU knowing HIM more intimately! Why not start today? AMEN! Here is Hillsong with "I Live To Know You More":



Shalom in Him!